Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Never used their motorcycle stuff. One of my cousins had one of their cassette players and speakers in his TransAm (yes I did not miss type that, I mean a cassette player back in the day). Did not sound that great but like i sad that was back in the day, I would guess their quality could be better by now. Hope someone else can chime in with some info

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
This is probably a silly question, but I'd actually be interested in hearing specifically what issues drove people to going from a stock to an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh, yeah. Nevermind. Thanks.

Never used their motorcycle stuff. One of my cousins had one of their cassette players and speakers in his TransAm (yes I did not miss type that, I mean a cassette player back in the day). Did not sound that great but like i sad that was back in the day, I would guess their quality could be better by now. Hope someone else can chime in with some info

http://tucsoncitizen.com/retroflections/files/2009/12/cassette8track.jpg
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-26402311.jpg?size=67&uid=a33987f9-7819-430b-ae79-265c407cbe64
But do you know the relationship between these?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know lots of folks here are Vaq riders and Nomad riders . . but there are a few Claissuc riders here as well. I'm simply looking for insight on an alternative to say, HogTunes or something.

To your point, Perhasp the stock stereo is a few years old and doesn't have iphone (pod) hook up (or mp3). The first thing anyone should update if its a sound issue is of course the speakers which get brittle and don't move as freely as they did when they were new (if they were of any quality in the first place).

New speakers will give a fella selection, sound and likely cleaner sound at higher volume. Speakers are made of better and better materials as well.

This is probably a silly question, but I'd actually be interested in hearing specifically what issues drove people to going from a stock to an aftermarket stereo.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
...More to the point with what I'm trying to get at, being ignorant on the subject myself I'd be interested in hearing what features drove people towards, say, a Pyle system like you linked to.

I've used a couple of systems that look /similar to/ what you linked to, but they were not exactly name brand and didn't work out for one reason or another. The failing point for me was the speakers more than anything else. They'd break in some fashion or another.

If you're looking at playing with something more or less to experiment before diving in, you might search for 'Mini Amp' on Ebay. You can get those things pretty damn cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a PLMCA10 Pyle radio. Had issues with it. had a hard time locating a place to mount on my honda shadow ace deluxe 750. The way it was wired wore down my battery. When a made a change, When I shut it off and back on, Would have to search for my channel. Was ok for when it was working. Would not go back to it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Uh, yeah. Nevermind. Thanks.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/retroflections/files/2009/12/cassette8track.jpg
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-26402311.jpg?size=67&uid=a33987f9-7819-430b-ae79-265c407cbe64
But do you know the relationship between these?
Got to be able to wedge that tape in the player. I was not around to see that in its full pride and glory days (born in 84). I do remember that thanks to my parents who just did not (and still don't) like adapting to new technology.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone Using A Pyle Stereo? reply

I have a HD Batwing fairing on my V* and have had 2 different Pyle marine grade radios. Both where difficult to hear and did not perform well. So now I use MP3 player w/marshmallow earphones. Speakers are also marine grade and rated above the radios output.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts