Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at adding a V Strom to the stable but I am just too old and short to deal with the seat height. I have decided that I will set the scooter up to ride double with my 90lb son. So if you plan to get one of those Z900RS that has indy so obsessed :grin2: . , And want to sell the seat and passenger pegs shoot me a PM.
I really wanted an adventure bike but when I was heading to work this morning , when I went to put it in gear at the stop light , I was on a section that sloped to the left , I had a wobble and KNEW that I would have dropped something with a 30 ( or even 28 ) inch seat height.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wise decision!! It's what I've been telling my 5'6" son...the simple reality is that there are bikes for tall rides and bikes for short riders, no one really fits well on every bike and we all need to know our personal limitation when overcoming the shortcomings (or longcomings) of our desired bikes. He has come to a similar realization about his desires to get the Z650 and is quite content on the S for now. Though I'm sure it will change over time his new targeted "next bike" is the Triumph Street Twin. While we can debate the pros and cons of that particular bike (please let's not...I don't want to go down that rabbit hole right now) it is unquestionably a better fit for him physically than the Z650 where it's a struggle for him just to get both tip toes down on the ground...forget about ever having a solid stance on the ground.

Good luck with your hunt for a passenger seat and again I tip my cap to you for the wisdom of your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts