Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all! Not my usual section of the forum to lurk upon, but I'm here with a question for my brother. He's looking at getting an '03 Vulcan 500 and the main thing it seems it would need (cosmetically) is a factory fuel tank. Someone modified and put a peanut Harley tank on it, so there's no speedo or indicator lights right now. If someone has a tank that's not rusty inside (scraped and scratches outside don't matter), how much would you want for it? Don't really NEED the speedo and lights right now, just looking for a tank price for a potential buy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Saw some people on Facebook looking for a Vulcan 500 tank. I will tell you that it is really hard to find a tank, especially in great shape. You can buy new one for about 800-900 bucks, but I think that is way too much for this bike...Search for a decent tank with some rust inside without dents and it will do the job, coat the inside of the tank with POR15 and it will serve you well. BTW make sure to check out on eBay, from time to time Vulcan 500 tanks shows up but they've been sold pretty quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts