Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you can easily lean back into the drivers backrest and still reach the bars comfortably on the Custom.I know how the seat fits and feels on the Classic because I had the touring seat with backrest on my 2009 Classic.I had a Corbin with backrest on a 2007 Custom but that was almost 10 years ago now.Anyone have a picture of a Custom with a Mustang touring seat with drivers backrest?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am running a mustang seat with a backrest and love it. I can easily reach the handlebars (I am 6') and can stretch out on longer trips. I will post pictures when I get home this evening.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running a mustang seat with a backrest and love it. I can easily reach the handlebars (I am 6') and can stretch out on longer trips. I will post pictures when I get home this evening.
Thank you for the reply and a picture would be great.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New seat arrived today.Yes,it raised my seat height and I do sit closer to the tank.It also does not release with the key anywhere near as easy as the stock seat.And yes,being a Custom I installed the spacers.I can easily lean back into the backrest though.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the first Mustang seat back because of a quality control issue and received the replacement seat from Mustang today.The new seat does release almost as easy as the stock seat.I have attached a picture of the poor workmanship of the first seat.Mustang paid to have the seat shipped back and the new one shipped out.I will say that they have very good customer service.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After getting some miles on the Mustang seat I will repeat what myself and many others have said in the past,the Mustang with drivers backrest is one darn comfortable seat.Having a backrest makes all the difference.Kawasaki has made the newer 900 stock seats a bit more comfortable but the Mustang seat puts the stocker to shame.The Genmar risers also work very well with the new Mustang seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts