Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing these items on my custom, and I'm wondering if I might want to expect some pipe dragging issues with this setup. If i need to, I can only drop the bike 1" instead.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm running Cobra Speedster Shorts and lowered my bike to the 2" selection on the Scootworks lowering kit (also lowered the front about 1-and-3/4"). Then I installed a 200 Metzeler on the rear which took away a half inch of lowering so I set the bike at the 3" lowering setting which put me at 2-and-1/2" in the back. Do I scrape? Once in awhile. Both before and after the tire mod. So what do I do? I deal with it. I am more concerned about comfort than never dragging. Besides, the scraping on the pipe is all on the bottom which cannot be seen. Additionally, the Shorts have a small tip that can always be replaced.

·
Registered
260 Posts
For a person with limited experience with such things, is the lowering kit easy to install? The Cruisercustomizing video states that most can be done in roughly an hour or so. I'm generally not afraid to tackle such projects, but I'm thinking I might need to take the bike to the shop to get it done.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am running with the Scootworks lowering kit (from Scootworks). I am not familiar with any other kit. I installed it myself. I would say that it requires above average mechanical experience to install. It took me from between 2-to-3 hours to install. I believe I used a jack to relieve pressure on the frame as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts