Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out on a spontaneous ride today and got to race two different bikes...just FYI, my bike has a Delkevic Exhaust and I’m a 280lb rider...looks like Donald Trump on a 80cc Dirtbike...

First Race: StreetGlide 107 (unknown year, but probably a 2017)

StreetGlide 107 on my left - guy named Freddy...bald, goatee and @ 240lbs...

Took off from the light, both wide open throttle, ensuring the heavens could hear us...

I missed second gear, banged off the rev limiter but was able to find second and continue with my onslaught...redline 2nd, shift...I’m still ahead, ok, this is cool...redline 3rd, shift...I peek to my left and I see his front tire...redline 4th, shift, my front tire is now at his foot peg as he starts to walk me down...nearing end of 5th, hd had me by a bike and a half...I shut it down at redline - we probably hit 98mph...I want that one back...I could damn near guarantee he would not have caught me by 98mph if I wouldn’t have missed second...oh well, I’ll take the loss honorably 🙂

Second Race: 2017 Indian Scout Bobber

Indian Scout Bobber on my left - best friend named Joe - @ 210lbs, built like a pit bull

Not a “real race”, but as we pulled out of a parking lot, we both shifted to second gear at the same time and just twisted the throttles like maniacs...he was a bike behind me when we started the pull...half way through 3rd gear he was already ahead of me by 2 bikes...shut it down @ 75mph...Indian Scout Bobber is dumb fast...100hp with a redline of 8200rpms...I WILL own one this year...

Anyone else have any good luck or bad luck ??

For 52hp/40tq, these bikes are not terribly slow and can hold their own against other mid size cruisers...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Haven't raced though now that I have a Z900RS I'm guessing I'll beat my son who is now on my Vulcan S.

When you get your Scout Bobber would love to hear about it, particularly a comparison to the S when it comes to the twisties. No doubt the Bobber has more juice but am curious how it handles the curves in comparison.

I too like the Scout Bobber but the limited lean angle had me looking elsewhere for my next bike. While I enjoy cruising the open road I really love shredding the tight twisties and I didn't want to give that up. But I COMPLETELY understand your interest in the Scout Bobber...it was my favorite discovery at the motorcycle show the year before this past show.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven’t raced any bikes but I would like to. I did beat a rich kid in a Tesla that had red plastic dip accents. Also beet a riced out ridiculous scion. Both were on the street if it were on the freeway they definitely would of caught up to me and passed me. Also tried to race a Ferrari. I knew I had no chance but I wanted to see it launch and here it . I was not disappointed it was gone in seconds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts