Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put Harley lower fairings on 1700 Nomad? I want to take the bike with wife and I this winter south and not real fond of the changing weather. I like my feet dry and not so much wind.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Anyone put Harley lower fairings on 1700 Nomad? I want to take the bike with wife and I this winter south and not real fond of the changing weather. I like my feet dry and not so much wind.
xman, consider www.sagebrushdesigns.com roll bar chaps, on/off under 60 seconds. they do the trik for keepin you warm. stow flat for travelin. poncho

·
Registered
730 Posts
Or for hard lowers similar to the Voyager... try JTD Cycle Parts

Free shipping if you're a member at VBA

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I Like the JTD lowers......... not wild about the speakers however........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had looked at the leather chaps for the bars. I just don't like the look and want something to dress the bagger. I had them once on another bike couple years ago and it felt like riding a sail boat passing trucks.

Never heard of JTD lowers. Went to website Peg mentioned. They look ok but whats up with the speakers Bubba? It took me awhile to understand they have more than one speaker choice. I have my own speakers.

I looked at the other lowers on the their website but didn't see my bike listed. Does anyone know if they paint? I didn't see anything about painting.

http://www.jtdcycleparts.com/Series-2-Kawasaki-VN-1700-Hard-Lower-Fairings-S2-Kaw1700.htm

·
Registered
730 Posts
From John's VBA advertorial... "They come in Natural ABS Black, ready for you to prep and paint. Storage Boxes are non-locking and are large enough put wallet, keys, glasses or gloves. The BIG BOX doubles as storage compartments or you can fit a 5 1/2" marine speaker in door opening. The storage boxes are sold separately."

I'm hearing you about the speakers Bubba - I think I'd pass on those and on the lights in front as well, but that picture of the stock standard lowers on that 1600 Nomad on the VBA site makes them look quite appealing?

Is it a huge co-incidence that the OP has the same username here (xncrman) as the man behind JTD Cycle Parts does over on VBA? Check my link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts