Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone out there? looking for others to ride with up in eastern washington or north idaho.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, I'm not in northern Idaho, I live in Meridian, but northern Idaho's just a day away. Doing lots of riding this summer. Go to the KawaNow website and check out the thread about the NW rally in Kalispell, MT, as well as the Vancouver Island, BC ride in July.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey anyone out there? QUOTE]

There doesn't seem to be anyone out there for the Northwest region does there!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im out here LOL

Im in Wa. across the river from Portland or., If you make it out this way let me know I'll show you around.
Rick:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's alive!!!!!

Been in that area once 1978. Many moons ago.:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey J

Ive spent alot of yrs and was born in SE Idaho. covered alot of ground in Utah also. No matter where you are, there are great places to ride. ever been to Jackson(Hole) Wy.? The Tetons are and amazing area to take a Trip.
Rick

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ive spent alot of yrs and was born in SE Idaho. covered alot of ground in Utah also. No matter where you are, there are great places to ride. ever been to Jackson(Hole) Wy.? The Tetons are and amazing area to take a Trip.
Rick
I have family in Blackfoot and Swan Valley. Swan Valley is pretty close to Jackson Hole. Yeah, been there! You are correct, there is some pretty amazing places to see when you get off the interstates and look around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL, imagine that!!

I was born in Blackfoot ! Still have family in Idaho Falls. small world., Im planning to Ride down for a visit this summer. and of course,,, over the pass to Jackson thru Swan Valley. Incredable scenery

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't forget to stop at the commissary in Swan Valley and get a square icecream cone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't forget to stop at the commissary in Swan Valley and get a square icecream cone.
I've been there. Those square ice cream cones are something else. Very unique.

My wife and I went out today for a short ride to take advantage of sunshine and 52 degrees. She on her
GL1800 and me on my Nomad. Had a great ride.

So there is indeed someone from the northwest lurking hereabouts. Riding season is about upon us.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been there. Those square ice cream cones are something else. Very unique.

My wife and I went out today for a short ride to take advantage of sunshine and 52 degrees. She on her
GL1800 and me on my Nomad. Had a great ride.

So there is indeed someone from the northwest lurking hereabouts. Riding season is about upon us.
That's odd isn't it! I'm south of you and it was cold. Snowing off and on all day. Suppose to snow all weekend again.:(

·
Registered
273 Posts
just got to the wa area about 3 weeks ago and am lovin it was able to get out on the bike a couple times last week it is beautifull up here. i just got stationed at ft. lewis wa. anyone around here want to ride let me know

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's odd isn't it! I'm south of you and it was cold. Snowing off and on all day. Suppose to snow all weekend again.:(
Well, today was nice, but tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day. Some friends called and are interested in going for a ride tomorrow, but all will be dictated by the weather. Sunday is forecast to be nice and in the 50's. I think that will be a safer bet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sure enough, today is a snotty day. It's warm enough, but it's overcast and sinister looking and spitting rain off and on. So my wife and I jumped in the truck and ran a couple errands then drove up Hwy 21 to Idaho City and had lunch at Trudy's Kitchen, then came back on home. All in all we had a nice time of it. Tomorrow is looking more promising and we may go for a day ride.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sure enough, today is a snotty day. It's warm enough, but it's overcast and sinister looking and spitting rain off and on. So my wife and I jumped in the truck and ran a couple errands then drove up Hwy 21 to Idaho City and had lunch at Trudy's Kitchen, then came back on home. All in all we had a nice time of it. Tomorrow is looking more promising and we may go for a day ride.
First ride of the season! :D I pulled the cover off of mine today. Took the battery off the tender and fired her up. She fired up on the first try after sitting for three months. I got a short 25 mile ride in, ran like a charm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We've been out there riding. Had a great ride Sunday. Rode over to Homedale, Id for a benefit "all you can eat" breakfast, than rode out to Owyhee Reservoir, then stopped in Vail, Or for pie and coffee. Or in my case, coffee, because my cardiologist says I need to avoid the pie part.

Today it was up to 70 degrees and beautiful out. A friend and I rode up to Garden Valley and had lunch at Crouch, Id. Put on about 130 miles and enjoyed every inch of it.

The roads around here are dry and clear, with very little sand on the surfaces. We're not going up into the mountains yet. Gonna let all the snow melt and the highway crews get the roads swept clean. Don't want to risk frost in the shadows, which there could be up at 6000 feet elevation.

Lets get out there and ride!

·
Registered
487 Posts
We've been out there riding. Had a great ride Sunday. Rode over to Homedale, Id for a benefit "all you can eat" breakfast, than rode out to Owyhee Reservoir, then stopped in Vail, Or for pie and coffee. Or in my case, coffee, because my cardiologist says I need to avoid the pie part.

Today it was up to 70 degrees and beautiful out. A friend and I rode up to Garden Valley and had lunch at Crouch, Id. Put on about 130 miles and enjoyed every inch of it.

The roads around here are dry and clear, with very little sand on the surfaces. We're not going up into the mountains yet. Gonna let all the snow melt and the highway crews get the roads swept clean. Don't want to risk frost in the shadows, which there could be up at 6000 feet elevation.

Lets get out there and ride!
Sounds great!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've been riding my Vulcan off and on during the nice days for a couple of months, but my GoldWing was down while I worked on the clutch. It is back up now and my wife and I rode up to Ashton Idaho yesterday. Not quite to Island Park. The road would have been too icy up there and it was getting cold. Anyway it was nice to have a longer than through town ride.

Maybe our paths will cross and we can ride together sometime, or meet in the Elko bike rally.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts