Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find the turn signal flasher and if anyone knows what kinda of prong set it is... i need to upgrade to a led flasher . i installed led turn signals and im getting hyper flash in the front and both flash in the rear at the same time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's under the battery cover, in front of the bike's ECU. It's a little black box that looks like a relay. It's a two wire plug. I sucessfully replaced mine with an automotive "electronic" flasher by cutting the plug off and putting female spade terminals on the ends of the wires. The "electronic" flashers are available at any auto parts store for about 9-10 bucks. They blink at a steady rate no matter the load amount, as opposed to the thermal flashers, that blink according to the amount of load on them. IMPORTANT: it must say "ELECTRONIC" flasher, or you'll get the same problem.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
im trying to find the turn signal flasher and if anyone knows what kinda of prong set it is... i need to upgrade to a led flasher . i installed led turn signals and im getting hyper flash in the front and both flash in the rear at the same time.
You're dealing with two problems not just one. The electronic flasher relay will solve the high speed flash rate but you will still have the cross-over from one side to the other as you bike has a single indicator light on your console and that's where the bleeding is taking place. The cheap and dirty way out is to remove the indicator bulb or replace it with an LED bulb. You can also install a "load equalizer" on both left and right turn signal circuits. This simulates a load about equal to the original filament lamps you removed. With the load equalizer in the circuit your old flasher will work as normal again and no cross-over. Up to you which way you want to go. There's one other fix for the cross-over that requires the installation of two cheap diodes into the circuit going to the console but it requires a little electrical knowledge to pull it off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks right now i have two regular bulbs in the front and the leds in the back and that fixed the rears from flashing at the at the same time . but they are still flashing really fast. ive traced the wires starting from the front and found that they lead into the head light and have two connectors on each seperate wire . is this where the load resistors hook in? if i can just replace the flasher with an electronic one and slow them down i would be fine with the regular bulbs in the front. i have clear lenses and bought regular amber bulbs for the front and i think they are brighter than the leds i bought. but not in the back im keeping the back ones in

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
thanks right now i have two regular bulbs in the front and the leds in the back and that fixed the rears from flashing at the at the same time . but they are still flashing really fast. ive traced the wires starting from the front and found that they lead into the head light and have two connectors on each seperate wire . is this where the load resistors hook in? if i can just replace the flasher with an electronic one and slow them down i would be fine with the regular bulbs in the front. i have clear lenses and bought regular amber bulbs for the front and i think they are brighter than the leds i bought. but not in the back im keeping the back ones in
Yes, the electronic flasher will bring back your normal flash rate. The standard bulbs will stop the bleeding across the indicator on the console. Here is one of many websites that offer electronic flashers. http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts