Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this bike and while changing the oil I found this electrical doohickey. What is it? Shouldn't t be attached to something? It is by the oil filter

IMG_1226.JPG

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's kind of hard to tell from your picture because either my eyes have gotten even crappier, the picture is out of focus, or the doohickey in question has entered some sort of fuzzy quantum state. I think if you stick your multimeter probes in there you'll find there's 12 v available -- which points toward a strong possibility that's an "accessories" power source. There's often an accessory power source or two somewhere on (reasonably modern) bikes. Typically, they're under the seat, but if the PO was mistakenly convinced he or she was a motorcycle electrician, anything's possible! Your owners manual will tell you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is tied into the wiring harness under the gas tank. Are there any Kawasaki mechanics on here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see where the oil pressure sending unit plugs into the engine just to the left of the oil filter so it doesn't appear to have anything to do with that. Maybe the previous owner had some kind of auxillary power need that he later removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts