Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone Have This Setup (Performance) DYNO RESULTS IN

Update On Page 3

Hey guys, I'm contemplating getting Cobra Power Pro HP 2-1, PCIII, and a Hypercharger. Also possibly throw it on the dyno for a good tune. Anyways, wondering if anyone has this same setup and can give me their impressions on them. I currently have V&H SCS and Debeck Techlusion. I don't really like the sound the V&H give, even after slashing the baffles in half. The Techlusion is just so damn confusing to use (these came with the bike when I bought it) I like the versatility and ease of use with the PCIII. I am trying to get the most out of this bike as can (power and mileage wise). Yes, I am aware that its a cruiser and not a power house, but I got the money and just want the best possible. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey guys, I'm contemplating getting Cobra Power Pro HP 2-1, PCIII, and a Hypercharger. Also possibly throw it on the dyno for a good tune. Anyways, wondering if anyone has this same setup and can give me their impressions on them. I currently have V&H SCS and Debeck Techlusion. I don't really like the sound the V&H give, even after slashing the baffles in half. The Techlusion is just so damn confusing to use (these came with the bike when I bought it) I like the versatility and ease of use with the PCIII. I am trying to get the most out of this bike as can (power and mileage wise). Yes, I am aware that its a cruiser and not a power house, but I got the money and just want the best possible. Thanks for any suggestions!!!
I don't have the same setup, but it's not too far off. I do have the HP Powerpro 2-1, a BAK and the Dobek electronic jetkit. My wife claims the bike "runs like a beast".

The local dyno guy claimed he could get me 3% more horsepower with a PC-III (1.5-2 HP)? I am not sure if $300 for the PC III and the dyno charges are worth it.

Good luck. I am interested to know if the PC III actually makes a big performance difference.

P.S. Have you searched the Techlusion webpage and set your processor to the suggested settings? Once I installed the BAK, that is where I found the best performance.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the same setup with the kuraykn pro r hypercharger (scoop on the outside) on my 08 LT. I personally love it however I do have on dilemma right now and its finding the proper tuning for this set up I emailed the PC3 guys and they emailed me back the DG Hard Krome Big Straights exhaust Kuryakyn Hypercharger set up. I ran it before and then tried doing my own settings. I'm trying it again with the same results of great ride 22-25 mpg average. So I am going to get my bike dyno tuned right after I install the front pulley. As long as I can still afforc it. If any question please ask. I love the sound of the pipes plenty loud I took out the baffle and removed all the fiber around it and then placed the bare baffle back in. The hypercharger sticks out slightly past the tank but I don't find it an issue. Here's a photo of the intake and pipes

·
Registered
450 Posts
oh ya another thing I noticed on the pre made map is it says european which my bike isn't and its not the california model either no o2 sensors or that extra stuff! So I dont know but I'm guessing that could cause some issues with the map.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well I've tried contacting all the local shops for dyne tuning and no response yet but tinkering with the settings myself I have the bike running great just need to fill up the tank reset the trip and run her down. Ima have to redo it again once I get my bike lift so I can install the front pulley. I love it tho there's a sound clip posted already

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've tried contacting all the local shops for dyne tuning and no response yet but tinkering with the settings myself I have the bike running great just need to fill up the tank reset the trip and run her down. Ima have to redo it again once I get my bike lift so I can install the front pulley. I love it tho there's a sound clip posted already
sounds awsome. you think there is any realy difference between the pro-r and the standard hypercharger. i know it has the extra opening but would it even be worth it for theses little engines? does really stick out as far as everyone says? im a little on the short side (5 5) but dont have any problems at all reaching the pegs. one more ? .. where did you get your parts? thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think the reg hypercharger is fine I don't think there's any difference it does stick out but I have floorboards and it's comfy to me at 5'8" I'll post a photo of how much it over hangs the tank later.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So I found a tuning thats working pretty well right now with the bike minimal popping/ backfiring and bike feels great. I decided I can't afford to dyno tune my bike. The cheapest I found in my area was $250 with my awesome military discount. I will probably eventually do it once I am done doing my mods. Just added a front pulley I'd like to find a slightly longer belt and when time comes do the bigger rear tire (only at 3k with this bike) So maybe after those two things dyno time. If you find a better deal in your area let me know I'd be willing to pay for half of it as long as you email me the file.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Theres a shop here that does tuning for 75/hour. Hopefully purchase it all tomorrow .. I can just send you the file..no payment necessary. Might be a few weeks though..wife just had our second child yesterday so things are slow going.

·
Registered
711 Posts
congrats oun your new child

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
What about the terrible gas mileage? I had thought about this mod myself, but if the mileage is cut in half, it seems a little absurd. Is this something that everyone using this set-up is experiencing, or just the one MC? I put too many miles on a year (+20,000) to be able to justify the mileage loss......sigh. I really liked the way the hypercharger looks....

·
Registered
10 Posts
25 MPG???? That's got to be a misprint unless you are pulling a trailer, riding two up with a hippo, and are pouring raw gas out of the tailpipe!
Tell me it ain't so!
I just ordered the Cobra 2-1's and the controller. I have the BAK and mildly debaffled stock exhaust and got at least 40 and as much as 50mpg on a recent mountain trip. 40mpg was third and fourth gear playing ...I also have the scootworks front pulley ...ordered the rear and will do Metzlers, pulley, exhaust and fuel control. If I get 25mpg I'll sell it and buy a minivan......

1 - 20 of 48 Posts