Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a 2009 Yamaha 950 Tourer with COBRA DRAGSTERS pipes. They are so loud that even with cotton or the best ear plugs they are too loud.

I would like to use the "Road Burner" pipes that blue collar bobbers is using and only for aesthetics and wrapping with the exhaust wrap. But I do not want them ear piercing loud.

Does anyone have opinions on them? Will I need a tuner?

What I do not want!!!!!!
Cobra Exhaust 2615T Dragsters V Star 950 09 15 | eBay

What I want:
Road Burner Exhaust Pipe Kawasaki Vulcan 900 VN 900 RB 01 8020 | eBay

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the long road burner 3 in pipes and yes they are loud as hell! Only issue I had with them was my right ear would ring after long rides with my helmet on. The tone would resonate in the helmet. I put some Smart partz hardkore baffles in them an it toned them down to where I no longer have this issue but they are still loud.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the Hard Krome shortie like those and loud as Hell. Always had to ride in the rear when with friends. Put the factory pipes back on with stage 1 debaffle. Bike ran a lot better, more torque plus no back firing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of pipes would look goo on the bike with a wrap?

·
Registered
136 Posts
What kind of pipes would look goo on the bike with a wrap?
That is all a personal prefference. I personally think wrapped pipes look like crap but to each there own. Any that I have thought look decent are short so in turn loud. You can always looks for baffles for the pipes and quiet them down but any pipe with out a muffler will be loud. As I said with my bike the pipes go past the axle nut but they were still loud as hell. With baffles it toned them down but they are still loud but I like the sound and tone other think they are to loud still but better than with out the baffles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts