Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating getting a sport works front pulley. I have heard you need to leave the front belt guard off? just wondering if anyone has taken pics of the process so I could see how much work is ahead as well as what I may need to modify or leave off?

Thanks!
Tony

·
Registered
59 Posts
Scootworks has a installation document on their website - look under the "informatrion center" tab. Just used it this weekend for my install.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This link has two links regarding the install of the pulley. The first one describes how to do it while the second one shows pictures of each steps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
^^
Good info!

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's easy, there is a little bumper on the inner belt guard that you need to take off but I assure you that the guard goes back on when you're done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the quick responses. I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this mod. Do you need to replace the belt bumper? Or do you just run without it?

Anyone know what it is realy there for?

Thanks again!!!!
Tony

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Scootworks has a installation document on their website - look under the "informatrion center" tab. Just used it this weekend for my install.
WileE, when did you order and receive your pulley? There are a few of us that have been waiting on ours to come in.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hmmmmm. I ordered mine on 3/15; was told 2-week delay and haven't seen it yet. Ordered a belt drive kit for my 750 Spirit at the same time. I'm beginning to have thoughts of canceling the order... they seem too busy to answer the phone or respond to email.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hmmmmm is right!

Hmmmmm. I ordered mine on 3/15; was told 2-week delay and haven't seen it yet. Ordered a belt drive kit for my 750 Spirit at the same time. I'm beginning to have thoughts of canceling the order... they seem too busy to answer the phone or respond to email.
I ordered My Front Pulley on 3/9 was put off 3 times by email, then started reading post about people receiving orders put in after mine this was the 3 of April on April 7 I requested Shipping Info or Refund and got a reply that Store Credit has been posted.

So they seam to pick and choose which order's will get filled I have no kind words to say about a company that would fill latter orders first or treat customers in such a discourteous manner.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered on 3/31 and rx'd 4/12 also. Told me they were waiting on shipment from manufacturer.
Only complaint was that my CC was billed on 3/31 when the order hadn't even been filled yet and then I rx'd no email telling me the shipment was on it's way. Just happened to call them to inquire on the status of the order when I was given the tracking number. When I checked the number on USPS website it was already delivered to my door.

Not the best in customer service but the order did get filled and it's a sexy looking piece of aluminum!!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
So they're shipping again?? Wonder how a guy could tell before he orders?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Call and ask

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm suprised you got through on the phone. I've tried several times and never got a warm body. I've also tried emailing... about 1 in 4 gets a response. These folks customer service is really pitiful.
They appear to have a quality product, it's just getting it and being kept abreast of it's status where they fail.
Oh well, i hear patience is virtue, huh?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Do you need to replace the belt bumper? Or do you just run without it?

Anyone know what it is realy there for?

Thanks again!!!!
Tony
I have no idea why it's there, but you'll basicall just remove it. I did this mod and it took me about an hour... not being a bike mechanic. You'll need to put it on a bike lift when you install the pulley as you'll have to readjust your rear wheel. Good luck with it!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have no idea why it's there, but you'll basicall just remove it. I did this mod and it took me about an hour... not being a bike mechanic. You'll need to put it on a bike lift when you install the pulley as you'll have to readjust your rear wheel. Good luck with it!!!
Cool. Thanks!

I am going to order it for sure. I am not too worried about the work involved. I have made friends with a local shop owner and he told me today if I get it I can come in and do it in his shop!

Thanks again guys!
Tony

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Normally I would advise AGAINST performing certain acts with a dealer. We're all used to the normal treatment they give us but, DAYUM!
Ouch.... I guess that sounded bad.... maybe it would be better if he said I can use his tool.....

Maybe not....

LOL:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts