·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a Promo Code for scootworks? edit Now for MeanCycles.com

I'm about to buy the following:

Scootworks Front and Rear Pulley,
Baron Big Air Kit

and have them shipped to the UK, for this reason I'm trying to see if I can save any money before the shipping costs are calculated... Does anyone know of any promo codes that i could try using?

Thanks,
Andrew.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
No promo codes.

But if you want my advice, DON'T do business directly with Scootworks. You'll be much happier if you work through our forum sponsor "MeanCycles". They won't charge you until the parts ship (Scootworks will charge you immediately) and they may not charge for shipping (Scootworks will).

MeanCycles also offers the Baron BAK.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wasn't impressed with scootworks' service. I had to follow up too much. They seem on the verge of bankruptcy though so I feel for them. I was getting emails from the owner and talked to her on the phone and she said she was doing some of the machining herself. Seems odd but it may have been like that forever. A buddy of mine said their shop has been chained up for months. If you buy from scootworks themselves make sure to follow up on it !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay, I see both the Air Kit and pulley on there for the 900's. I think the air kit was $259. and pulley was $100.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wish someone else besides scoot works made the pulleys! They're way too slow. I know there is some guy that makes the rear, but I'm pretty sure it's a one off basis. He doesn't make the front though. I'm waiting on a rear pulley, ordered it from mean cycles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On the other hand, I've bought a number of things from Scootworks and never had a problem as well as getting quick and accurate service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got this email from scootworks (after I chased them up, ok I only ordered yesterday)

WE are out of the pulleys right now but should have some next week. Do you still want to wait?

Not sure now if I should just cancel and order through meancycles, might even add more things to my order lol any last minute suggestions of parts I should consider, I'm not overly mechanically minded but I'm going to get the pros to put everything on and tidy up my previous electrics attempts.

Anyone know if HID kits will work on the custom?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts