Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, Hard Krome exhaust
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bunch of 1 and 1.5 hour rides, I have discovered that my bony butt starts to be quite uncomfortable. Longer rides will not be anywhere near comfortable for me.

Does anyone a gave a Corbin seat on a 900, and if so does this seat fix the long distance described above?

Thanks,
CMOS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw another thread that said Corbins are either great or terrible depending on your butt. I've seen some people claim the stock Vulcan seat is one of the most comfortable seats they've laid cheeks on. Me personally, I can't ride over 45-60 minutes without getting pain in my lower back on the stock seat.

I got to sit on a 2019 (maybe 2020) Vulcan 900 Classic LT and it had a seat with a more pronounced angle in the seat. Looks like the same mount as the old bikes so I suspect it might pop on with no fuss.

Edit: I've been hunting around for a new seat though and I'm curious to know this too. A buddy of mine looked into a Corbin seat for his DRZ400 and said they're supposedly terrible. Lot of people still buy them though so maybe they're decent.
Edit 2: Good review for the Corbin Dual Tour here.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I bought a Mustang seat #76126. It increases my comfortable seat time by about 100 percent, from about 1.5 hours to about 3 hours max. I understand the stock seat was changed for the 2013 year. I also understand it has not been changed since then. I don't know how much this change helped, but it was not good for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can ride for about an hour, maybe a little more before my a$$ hurts enough that I don't want to ride anymore. A stop for a few minutes to stretch brings me back to zero, so I'm good to go again.

Hopefully this post will get some more input.

CMOS

·
Registered
17 Posts
I prefer Mustang seats on a cruiser, although my 900 came with a Saddlemen solo and I have no issue riding 100 miles non-stop. I had a Corbin seat on my ZRX 1100 several years ago and it was very hard at first, but after about 7 or 800 miles it got broke in and was wonderful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Never owned a Corbin. I sat on one on a 900 I was looking at buying. I said to myself if I bought that bike that would be the first thing I changed. It was hard as a rock.
I have heard good and bad reviews on Corbin. The good reviews I've read said yes that the seat is hard but over a few hours of riding that it gives more support and your butt is less tired. Go figure.

If you're looking for the best seat I would look at the Ultimate seat. Never read a bad review about them. A couple of folks that had the Mustang and the Ultimate seat said the Ultimate was a bit better.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
19 Posts
I second the Ultimate Seat. Had one and it was comfortable. My wife liked the matching passenger seat. She could hours without getting restless. The passenger seat was much wider than stock. Here's picture of Ultimate passenger seat and backrest.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I second the Ultimate Seat. Had one and it was comfortable. My wife liked the matching passenger seat. She could hours without getting restless. The passenger seat was much wider than stock. Here's picture of Ultimate passenger seat and backrest.

View attachment 240878
Great info! Thank you. The seat is the ONLY minor complaint I have about my 900.

Just did new plugs, oil change (Mobil-1 10W-40 Full Synthetic), and new coolant. She was hungry for the road today!

Ran like a sinner out of church.

CMOS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts