Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, my 2012 custom se hasn't even been delivered yet but i had a few questions for you guys. First anyone using a cafe windshield on their 900? How well does it block the wind? Any pics would be nice too.
Second, u guys have a top reccomended HID kit for the 900. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got word that my MS bullet fairing has arrived at the local dealers. I haven't picked it up yet so can't comment but am hopeful it will look as good as the pic on a Vulcan 900 SE on their web site [link below] i also ordered the black mounting kit.
will try and post some pic's as bike progresses but i believe there is one in the pic's section of this forum. maybe try a search within pic's.
Cheers

http://www.memphisshades.com/metric-shades/bullet-fairing/metric-bullet-fairing

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had one, looks great and allows storage between it and the bars, like a big glove box, for a jacket or sweatshirt. as far as function, it does block some wind, but very little. If you are 5' 10" or shorter it should work fine.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
New to the forum, my 2012 custom se hasn't even been delivered yet but i had a few questions for you guys. First anyone using a cafe windshield on their 900? How well does it block the wind? Any pics would be nice too.

these are some pics i took before the actual install ... more of a mock up. The shield is more like sport bike shield, relieves some wind stress, relaxes your wrists, and makes your head like a bobble head .... but it does look cool.:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I do have HID

I bought from ebay a 6000k hid h4 dual bulb ( low beam are hid and high halogen)
Good price and you will have a spare kit! I have instal the ballast under the gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have HID

I bought from ebay a 6000k hid h4 dual bulb ( low beam are hid and high halogen)
Good price and you will have a spare kit! I have instal the ballast under the gas.
That looks awesome, does that kit have a particular name. I was looking on Ebay also and saw alot of different ones. Also, how long/difficult was the install?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
@whiting57, that looks real good. I almost went with a blue 900.
took me a little while to hunt around for the color, but im glad i did..

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have the national cycle flyscreen. It takes just enough wind off my chest.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That looks awesome, does that kit have a particular name. I was looking on Ebay also and saw alot of different ones. Also, how long/difficult was the install?
This one look good! http://www.ebay.com/itm/35W-Car-HID-Conversion-Kit-AC-Slim-Ballast-H4-2-6000K-Bulbs-Hi-Xenon-Lo-Halogen-/250990085313?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a702cc4c1&vxp=mtr
And its very simple to install! Plug and play... Pm me if you have any question

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's mine: Cafe Sheild.

The cafe does a good job and is stylish. Have had many questions from other riders on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cafe windshield

I have a cafe windshield and It works well. It does NOT cover your face, but that's not too bad as long as your chest is good.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have the Kawasaki Fire and Steel cafe windshield. It takes the wind off my torso and moves it up above my shoulders. If your helmet doesn't handle wind well, then it might be a problem. My Bell Vortex is fantastic in the wind, so I don't mind it.

It blocks enough wind to make longer highway runs bearable, but doesn't detract from the looks of the bike at all. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a cafe/shorty windshield.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Madmath - where did you get you're lights and accessory lights?
Hid from ebay and the wrap led signal are truwrapz you will find it in some motorcycle parts sellers, I also have rear integrat led signal from ebay to.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
439 Posts
cafe shield

this is the girl friends bike, She finds the wind is in her face I have orders to add a spacer to raise it up a tad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts