1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had some that came on my bike. They worked great, I liked mine better than those they are hexed @ thread end & closed @ other. Looked more like they belonged on there, as the hex would fit down in the counter sink of the plastic trim on the bike. No longer have them on the bike ,have saddlebags now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ooooo. Those are nice. I'm gonna have to see if i can find them in black.

Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the Kawi factory saddlebags and thats what they use to bracket the bags on. But I hook bungies to brackets all the time when I carry bigger loads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not seeing any pics of these on a Vulcan - any volunteers please?

I took the Willie and Max Hooker off the V-Star and put it on the Vulcan but not too confident of how secure it is - it's only held on by the weight of the pillion seat and the rubber bumpers underneath on the Vulcan. Haven't ridden with it yet, wondering if anybody has experience with this product?

But those Knobs and the Bungeemate look like good alternatives as well, thanks for the info. :]

·
Registered
43 Posts
xcbullet, I see something on ebay called Bungee Nuts... I wonder if that's what was on your bike... I know yours had the screw bits on them, is it possible to get a headless screw (can ya tell I don't know hardware...) to put on something like this?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=bungee+nuts&_sacat=0&_odkw=bungee+knob&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Which one would work for the VN900? Would Custom and Classic be the same? Not sure I'll go with this, but like to know my options and yours looked good to me, liked the fact that they were flush with the trim. :]

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, merci beaucoup, mon ami! If that's your seller, he states the following:

"Send me a referral and get $1.00 back for each set purchased by the referred, be sure to tell me who sent you. "

So if you want some gas money back let me know your eBay name and I'll tell him you referred me. :] Oh, what length bolt did you buy, please?

·
Registered
450 Posts
what I have done due to being cheap is take my duffel bag put the straps downward and slide it over the rear of my seat past the latch and viola!

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes, he's the seller from whom I bought the knobs. I used a 1 1/4 inch metric 8 bolt and sawed the bolt head off right at its base. My ebay name is drjab. thanks.
Jay

·
Registered
182 Posts
bungee nuts

it looks like i will be getting a set of these from ebay also. i'll tell him you sent me. do you know what the thread is on the size 8's? probably a 24. figured you might remember. thanks, sue

·
Registered
658 Posts
Has anyone found the M8x1.25 a little tight? I do not want to force the bolts and strip them...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got mine in the mail today, seller accepted an offer lower than his asking price but around what you said you'd paid, so really hope you got your referral bonus, Neuroslicer. :]

These Bungee Nuts fit on the bolts that come stock on the bike so hopefully no problem when I just get longer ones at hardware store. Still thinking on best workable configuration with sissy bar I'm probably using, and whether or not to keep the strut covers on, but the Bungee Nuts will be handy either way. Thanks again y'all for the input. :good:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a willie and max the hooker
Votum, I moved the W&M Hooker from the V-Star (where it was securely held in place physically at multiple points, no sliding) to the Vulcan where the only things holding it in place seem to be the seat fender bumper knobs, which kind of makes me nervous... so far only have a small pack bungee'd (with one bungee cord laced through the D-rings) on the pillion and haven't lost it but I admit I'm paranoid and still new to the bike, and wonder if the thing is going to blow off one of these days!

What's your experience with the Hooker so far, both toting stuff and without? I wanted the Bungee Nuts for just in case, but the Hooker is *extremely* handy as well if I can count on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts