Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the road up Mt. Evans in Colorado? Trying to decide whether to do it this summer and was wondering what to expect. Will be riding with 4 other couples. Have heard it's a little daunting!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I took my wife and kids on a Colorado vacation back in 1995. One of the things that I did was take the rental car up Mt Evans road, which I believe is the highest road in the US. I made the trip up alone because my wife was too scared to try it.
I remember it being very beautiful. I was up there in July. Their were frozen ponds and icy areas with snow here and there. The most memorable thing for me was as I approached the top of the mountain, I came across a bunch of rocky moutain goats running all over the place. They had long fluffy white hair with horns. I'll never forget how special that was.
Driving up to the top, you can look to the east and see the flat plains, and mountain peaks everywhere else.
Be extra careful on a bike. I totally recommend making the trip.
Take care, Eric

·
Registered
434 Posts
Went there also in 95 and same as last post, well worth the time to make the trip. Was in a car at the time and remember being in the upper 80's on the bottom and still had snow up top. We took pictures from the top but got cold quickly with shorts and tshirt on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts