Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, I love my 900 Vulcan, but... If only Kawasaki imported the W800 into the US I'd be on one in a flash. Dang good looking machine.

They don't even import them to Canada. I wonder if a dealer in the UK would send me one. LOL. The freight would probably cost as much as the bike! Then how would I find parts?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The retro 70's/80's remakes are really making a resurgence. I guess, they are cool, but if I want an 80's bike I'll spend $1,200 and get one off of craigslist! LOL. I much prefer the riding position and amenities of my 2000's bike!

Have you seen these though?

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

Pretty darn close AND available in the US. You could pick one up tomorrow if you wanted!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the 1100 is sweet, but that whole Triumph Bonneville vibe with the parallel twin thing gets me to my happy place. Maybe I just want it because I can't have it... I could just by a Bonnie if I really wanted one, but that's too easy. :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If I had seen that Honda when I was looking for a bike back in '07 I probably would have bought it. I was looking for "Jap-standard" at the time. I was getting off a '77 GS750 that year. But after a few years on the 9 I'm sold on the V twin cruiser platform. I don't care for the W800 though, it's a throwback to the '50s and '60s. I didn't like that look back when it was current.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Cool looking bike , but I don't think I could ever go back to a banana seat lol, would remind me of riding my old sting ray

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Our local Honda dealer has the CB1100, and we went over there just to check it out. That bike is freakin cool, and if I had a disposable 10 grand lying around, I'd have TWO bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
funny, because in the 70's, kawasaki's foray into the twin market with a 750 cc was abysmal and it was no better than a large boat anchor. It failed miserably (like all large displacement twins) due to the the cb 750 k series from honda.

I like the retro look though, now if I could just get a 750 two stroke water cooled triple again .....

·
Registered
100 Posts
We got'em over here quantum.
I can't say they have been overly popular, not around my part of the country anyway.
I agree cool looking bike though ....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We got'em over here quantum.
I can't say they have been overly popular, not around my part of the country anyway.
I agree cool looking bike though ....
I think the price is pretty steep, so that might disabuse people of purchasing them. From some of the reviews I've seen though they seem to be made to a higher standard. Metal parts instead of plastic, etc.

The more I ride my Vulcan and dial it in, the happier I am becoming. I'm just not a cruiser type person, but this bike is awesome. I even bought a half helmet today! Iron cross sissy bar plates on the way too! I'm hoping the mustang seat sorts out that issue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did the same. Bought a three quarter open face, got the boots and the jacket. Love it!
How many klms, sorry, miles, on your bike? I noticed with mine, when I got to 10,000 klms, it loosened up considerably and felt like it wanted to go forever. Other riders have told me the same thing.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I'm just not a cruiser type person, but this bike is awesome. I even bought a half helmet today
Soon you will be graduating to the wallet with the big chain ... heaven forbid ....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I said I would never do the chained wallet thing; until I walked into a restaurant without my wallet. Fortunately, it was laying next to the bike when I went back out to the parking lot. I let my wife buy me one for my birthday this year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I said I would never do the chained wallet thing; until I walked into a restaurant without my wallet. Fortunately, it was laying next to the bike when I went back out to the parking lot. I let my wife buy me one for my birthday this year.
Exactly!! I'm tempted to chain my keys to me on the other side!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts