Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What book or books are you currently reading? I just started a book that my brother gave me, one of which he hated (he is super picky) called Drylor the first artifact...

It's a fairly new fantasy book(just came out this month) by an author ive never heard of before, Ryan Tomasella. I wasn't very impressed after reading the first chapter but I forced myself to continue going and now I am glad that I did. Sinec I'm too lazy to describe the book myself here is what it says for it on amazon:

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus. It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail cell while deciding his destiny. As Von's memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only one who can protect Drylor-a world that abandoned him-from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet from annihilating the only world they have ever known. As Von's past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon realizes the only way he can end his brother's heartless massacres is to find him and kill him.

So, what book are you reading?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Big Time!

Total book worm here and pretty eclectic.

I am currently reading Mormon America : The Power and the Promise (and I'm not even Mormon), and recently finished Wired (Bob Woodward’s John Belushi bio), No One Gets Out of Here Alive (Jim Morrison Bio), and a novel by Clive Cussler (Silent Sea).

Next up is a JFK assassination conspiracy book called JFK: the CIA, Vietnam, and the plot to assassinate John F. Kennedy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
at the moment I am reading a S. King book, about writing books, I also like and have read a lot of Dean Kootz, David Eddings, Raymond E Fiest, Robin Hobbs,Ken Follett, Terry Brooks,and most of the wheel of time series, gave up on book 12 or so, have read assorted artists books here and there like issac assamov, and Orson Scott, have also read the whole Left Behind Series. Over all the Genre of choice would be Fantasy, but do read, Sci-Fi, War, and whatever class Sidney Sheldon and Ken Follett would fit into, as well as murder/CSI style books, basically I am willing to try (with an open mind) any genre/author, on a side note most of my spelling of the author's names is probably wrong, but the idea is there. I am going to force myself to stop here, because when it comes to books, I have the habit of going on forever, (don't even ask, what author/series I would like to read next/soon, list is too long)

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Not currently reading anything. But, some of my favorite authors: Gordon Dickson, Harry Harrison, Orson Scott Card, Anne McCaffery (sp?), Richard Castle (hehehe), Andre Norton. There are many more but those are the ones I've read from most recently. Next book I am planning to read, Decision Point by Dubya. Mostly I read fantasy or science fiction but I'll throw in something different occasionally.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ah, let's see, I recently finished Farlander by Col Buchanan, and started reading the Rigante novels by the late David Gemmell. I'm currently into the third installment of that series, called Ravenheart. I've read many of Gemmell's books over the years. First read the Drenai saga novel Quest for Lost Heroes when I was in junior high, and I was pretty much hooked on him. It's all high fantasy, but full of fast-paced action and larger-than-life heroes.

Col Buchanan, on the other hand, was a new author I tried on a whim. The book is the first in a series, and it really turned out to be very interesting. Again, high fantasy, but more like early Terry Brooks with a smattering of Glen Cook's gritty realism.

In the last year I've read:

Under the Dome - Stephen King
The Stand (at least the fourth time) - Stephen King
Towers of Midnight - Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson, who, it bears saying, is NO ROBERT JORDAN. And I am very bitter about this.)
The Black Company series (10 volumes, twice) - Glen Cook
The Death Gate Cycle (seven volumes) - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
Genesis of Shannara (three volumes) - Terry Brooks
Legends of Shannara: Bearers of the Black Staff (bit of a disappointment, like a distillation of the most inane elements of the Shannara and Word and Void series) - Terry Brooks
The Swords of Night and Day and White Wolf - Drenai saga novels by David Gemmell

And this is all interspersed with whichever volume of The Wheel of Time I happen to be on. I mostly read high fantasy, with a peppering of Hot Rod, Playboy, and Game Informer...for variety lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts