Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this, but since I have an 08 900 Custom I figured I would post here. I ordered front and rear lowering kits for my 900 on May 27, 2014. It's now Aug 2, 2014. No parts in my possession. I have emailed them several times, have left several voice mails and at first got replies fairly quickly. Now I don't receive any call backs and it takes them 2 weeks to respond to a message and they are always filled with excuses. Here is the list of "reasons" for the delay in my order so far:

June 19, 2014 (23 days after order placed and paid for) "We took a lightning strike last Thursday that took out our ac. We have everything finished, with the exception of the bearings. We are still about a week out on this particular lowering kit due to this."

June 26, 2014 (30 days after order placed and paid for) "I was detained at the hospital longer than expected with a family issue yesterday, and am now just getting to following up on emails and phone calls."

July 1, 2014 (35 days after order placed and paid for) "I thought we would be in the duration of last week end we returned, but alas, we've been spending a lot of time helping with a family issue. The plight of a small family business. I don't foresee any other setbacks. Anyway, all assembly is completed and we're now drilling the arms on the rear lowering kit. The whole order will be ready to ship, shortly."

July 9, 2014 (43 days after order placed and paid for) "The kits have been machined, welded, has bearings installed, and are now having the arms drilled. We should be finished with drilling and final coating in another day-ish. We're working on this right now as hard as we can go. If you need to cancel, I understand."

July 23, 2014 (57 days after order placed and paid for) "I see by my notes that we missed the expected deadline you and I talked about previously as these were finally completed this past weekend. A mountain of these have been shipping out every day this week for all of the backorders. I checked on your status in the system and it shows "in process", meaning it is being handled in shipping right now." When asked when it is slated to leave their facility their response was "It will most likely ship today, as I said earlier, I'm running a machine and they're working like mad to get all of these out the door, now that they are completed. Shipping will send you an email when it is tagged for pickup."

That was 10 days ago and still no response from voicemails or emials. All of this is after their website stated the parts were in stock ready to ship. And when I call now, I can't ever get to a real person. It just sends you to voice mail. No option of speaking to a real person, or even waiting until one is available. I don't know how a business can stay in business when they operate this way. With over 60 complaints to the Better Business Bureau and a rating of F, I wish I would have did a little more research than I did before dropping over $230 on these parts. Has anyone else had issues like this?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I havent ever dealt with them but have heard they are always this slow when ordering parts. Good luck I hope they get you taken care of.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
this is not uncommon for them ... do a search on here and you will find similar issues ... most just order from retailers .. web and store front, that have what ever product you want in stock..

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ordered some risers from there. In October last year and I had no issues. Had them in less then 3 days. Must have been one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered The rear lowering kit from these guys probably around the first of the year, and received it in around a week. No problems no excuses.

I must have been lucky too.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered The rear lowering kit from these guys probably around the first of the year, and received it in around a week. No problems no excuses.

I must have been lucky too.
I wish I could say the same. I'm glad you were lucky. I unfortunately have still yet to hear from them and it's been 2 weeks since they last contacted me. I'm tempted to drive to North Carolina and deal with them in person. Tho, I don't think they'll like it much.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought I would update my experience thus far. After 2 weeks of again not hearing from them via email or returned phone calls, I get yet ANOTHER excuse:

"I've been working in the machine shop for the last 3 weeks, straight. I'm just now getting a chance to take a break and answer emails that have come in over the last couple of days...." "... I'm up to my ears in work to get these backorders out and can't sit on the computer and phone all day and get it done. I expected these would have all been out the door last week, but one of the 3rd party parts was shipped in a partial batch and we ran out. They are back in now, and we've ben working to get the rest of the 900 kits out the door...." "... We're doing our best to get them finished."

Remind you, this was after I was told that my parts were "in process meaning they were being handled in shipping right now".

Now, obviously I'm frustrated. But it gets worse. I responded to them pointing out the fact that I was told over 2 weeks ago that it was being handled in shipping. How was this possible?

Their response? "Not going to get into this banter. I don't work in shipping, I'm running a mill. One of the other guys was assembling and taking to shipping. Somewhere in the process the problem was discovered. No matter what I say, it's not going to be the right answer. Please, just let me know if you want the order or not, I have a very full plate and need to get back to manufacturing."

So now they are passing the buck to someone else who apparently dropped the ball. Needless to say, I expressed my frustrations in as pleasant a way as possible and asked that someone just call me so I can speak with someone directly. The level of professionalism that I received in response is appalling. This is the email that I received and to date, the last correspondence I've received:
"Why don't I just sit on the phone and talk all day and make no parts. It's not that I don't love to sit on the phone and talk all day, or that I don't like dealing with folks on a personal level like I do about 8 months out of the year, but I've explained that there is a narrow window of time in the year when everything is stupid like this, where I've not had a day off in over 3 weeks but still can't make everyone happy. The mill is now changed over and ready to run again, I'll call you later tonight hwen I have a break."

I know I can ask for a refund, but at this point it's a matter of principal. And based on the BBB reviews I've read, I'm likely not to receive that before 2015 either.

I also realize that this might seem petty to some of you. I just wanted to put it out there the type of business practices that are going on here. I've learned not to ever deal with them again, and hopefully some of you might also learn from my misfortune.

I'll continue to update as things progress.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would raise some hell on his/their facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Scootworks?fref=ts
If only I had a Facebook....I got rid of mine years ago when it became more like high school drama than social "networking".

That being said, I will wait and see if he actually follows through and calls me tonight as he stated he would. I won't hold my breath though.

I'm beginning to wonder if collecting money for products not available is considered internet and/or credit card fraud? Especially considering the time frame....Maybe I'll threaten legal action and see what happens...I'll call my attorney in the morning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DoomCrewInc I don't know if you tried this or not. I had a situation like this
and I let the credit card get my money refunded for me. I filed a complaint with the card company and it was taken care of.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't really want the refund. I want what I paid for. It's a matter of principal at this point. If Dave doesn't call me tonight as promised then I'll email them with the promise of legal action. If that doesn't work, Tuesday of next week I'll be going to North Carolina.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would just get my money back and tell them to go f them self. I am having similar issue with gen mar.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would just get my money back and tell them to go f them self. I am having similar issue with gen mar.
Believe my, I've considered a refund. But unfortunately they are the only ones with a 3" drop option and that's what I'm looking for. I know there are those that say 3" is too much, it scrapes and bottoms out, etc. But I want that option, just in case it works for me. Eventually this bike is going to go to my girl, who is just under 5 feet tall. She has sat on a 900 that was lowered 2 and was still on her toes so 3" is the way we want to go. If there were someone else that made a 1" to 3" adjustable drop option I would go that way, but as far as I can tell, there isn't.

Hell, I probably could have had a local machine shop reverse engineer the stock arms, allowing for the 1-3" drop options, and had it before scootworks sends me my parts. And probably for around the same money. I'll have to look into that. LOL

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20