Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many hours checking out pics on the forum i couldn't find an example of this. Anyone bob their ride but keep the factory rear struts to mount the fender? Many great bikes with the"britt" style rear fender mounted to the struts or the bobber spring seat look however i am curious how this combo would look. I am leaning toward the bobber look however i'm not sure if i want to shave off those rear struts...Any insights/pics would be appreciated as i don't have photoshop skills

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll be doing a 900 bobber in the spring. I got most of the parts except the seat kit. I don't think the bike will look right w the struts. I do want to get or make a rear fender that has a meaner look then the BCB look. Not sure if I'll do a front fender.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, bike might look odd w the struts. I'm starting to think either the britt route or the bobber look...but would like to check all options. My other option is to cleanly cut the fender struts and re-weld them if i want to go back. The front fender would be easy, trim with a dremel tool to whatever shape you want. The only think is you have to sand to get it perfect if you're OCD! Do you have any ideas for the rear fender? Definitely need to be a more agressive rear fender tho!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm gonna get my mechanic to cut me a short metal rear fender. I kinda want a fire flame feel to It. But I might just go with a pointy look.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like the blue collar bobber seats. The fender is nice. Can always get a custom made strut. I think I'm gonna have the fender bolted to the frame. The no strut look really has a mean feel

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you don't want to go BCB check out la rosa design they have seat kits. Especially if you want to keep the struts.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not sure if your goin for the same look, but this is what i did. I cut the struts off the frame, got them the length i wanted to match the fender i used and rewelded them to the swingarm. It worked great for me, got the fender crazy close and never have to worry bout it rubbin. Instead of having the springer seat look i stuck a H-D nightster seat on it. Mounted the back of the seat with a stud on rear fender and left some play on the front mount thing that goes under the tank for what little movement there is. Just set your shock to the stiffest setting and it aint that bad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boone doza;
Thanks for the info, i like that idea. I have a few questions about the seat setup. Any idea what year seat that was? Did you have to do any re-shaping of the seat pan to get it to "fit"? How did you mount the seat stud? Do you have a pic of the stub by chance? thanks for sharing that info,, your ride turned out great!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. The seat is the solo nightster seat and i believe its a 2008 year model. It dosent fit "perfect" but its almost there. Im goin to have it cut a little to make it just right one of these days, but ive been riding the way it is since march and im have no complaints. The seat stud is just a small bolt that i stuck through a hole i drilled. The threaded side up and just put a chrome acorn nut on it to give it some style. Im not good with computers so... ill have to wait for her to post pics. If you want to see pics sooner though i have a thread on here titled "im happy now" you can look it up. Its pics i took right after i finished it, cant remember if it shows the rear fender up close but its got a few differnt pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts