Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Speakers

I have been looking at putting in some rear speakers. Since the radio is set up for it and the connectors are there I just have to figure out how to install them. My first thought is to get a pair of speaker boxes, cut them down to follow the contour of the saddle bags and install the boxes over a hole in the saddlebag. Would require painting when done and the paint on the Vaquero is three stage so I will have to figure out whether to go with black with the speaker boxes or invest in the paint to redo the saddlebags.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Roaring toyz did a custom Vaquero and I believe they mounted some 6x9s in the saddle bags facing inward towards the fender. Gives up some saddle bag space but I bet you can hear them ok and they are hidden from sight. The bags would make decent speaker boxes but a sacrafice for space. To make up for the space theres always the option of a backrest with luggage rack.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I fabbed a fiberglass enclosure and put in 2 Pioneer 6.5"s. Sounds great. I made a custom rack that sits above the passenger seat, and the enclosure sits on that. (didnt want any new holes on the bike)

Whats really helped is the baggershield. I bought the tall one and the music is clear regardless of speed. Before, I lost it around 65mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rear speakers, wow that a good idea. i seen them on harleys but never a Vaquero.
I know a shop that is really good at that stuff and does a lot of harleys. Side car cycle. he uses hawg wired amps and Focal or Apline speakers. I have been thinking about a front speaker upgrarde over winter.
well hope to hear some good ideas

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fabbed a fiberglass enclosure and put in 2 Pioneer 6.5"s. Sounds great. I made a custom rack that sits above the passenger seat, and the enclosure sits on that. (didnt want any new holes on the bike)

Whats really helped is the baggershield. I bought the tall one and the music is clear regardless of speed. Before, I lost it around 65mph.
Those speakers are a great idea! I also have the BaggerShield on my bike and the radio sounds great, but you can never have enough speakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Not trying to steal this thread, but can you post a picture of your bike with the BaggerShield, either on this thread or a different one? I have the short version (6"-9") and have been considering the taller one, but I'd like to see it on another bike. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put rockford fasgates in my bags on my 2011 red vaquero with two 6.5 speakers in each bag with a rockford fasgate power amp work great and 4 tweeters on the fairing

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Saw someone on here that installed the rear speakers into the inside of the saddlebags, with each speaker grill cut into the top of each saddlebag.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Saw someone on here that installed the rear speakers into the inside of the saddlebags, with each speaker grill cut into the top of each saddlebag.
That would strike me as being one of the best ways to do it, but it's one of those things you'd sure hate to screw up...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I installed some rear speakers on The KQR brackets with power pucks in the tool kit location under the seat.Worked ok under 40 mile an hour around town,but once you hit over 55 mph the wind noise and distotion when you cranked it,you lose the quality clear sound from the rear.I ended up removing them.The stock ones on the rear trunk worked better and the reason was they are mounted higher then you can without a trunk,so closer to the ear to hear over the wind noise.If you go the route of using a lower position like I did or a bag mounted speaker,I think you have to go with some amplification,to get a clear sound to make it worthwhile.

T

·
0 Posts
So, who has put 6x9s in the saddle bags like the Harley's?? I want to see about adding rear speakers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts