Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
http://www.mutazu.com/index.html

I ordered my "MU"bags directly from Mutazu, 5 day delivery, great to deal with. I used my LT brackets, i did not like the ones supplied, as a suggestion i would use oversize metal and rubber washers vs the supplied ones. I have over 6000 miles on mine and there still going strong

]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I am going to get the LN ones, I like that they are a bit thinner. What do you mean use oversized metal and rubber washers? Like instead of brackets or in addition to?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
These bags are abs plastic. The reason i used the stock lt brackets was they offered a three point attachment. Large washers will allow for the distribution of pressure around the attachment point.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought a pair. I needed a set, and as these are my first set I wanted something inexpensive. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought a pair. I needed a set, and as these are my first set I wanted something inexpensive. Thanks for the heads up.
Did you buy the MU ones or the LN ones off eBay? If you bought the LN ones I would love to see a pic of them on the bike after you've installed them. :D

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you buy the MU ones or the LN ones off eBay? If you bought the LN ones I would love to see a pic of them on the bike after you've installed them. :D
I got the LN ones from eBay. I should get them 12 Jul 11. I'm hoping to have time to put them on during the week. After I put them on I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got the bags, and returned them the next day. I didn't even put them on. They felt very flimsy, and after doing some more research it seems that they can't hold more than 5lbs, and the locks tend to fall off.

I ended up buying some Saddleman Cruis'n Slant X-Jumbo, and the universal brackets. I'll let you know how they turn out.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I got the bags, and returned them the next day. I didn't even put them on. They felt very flimsy, and after doing some more research it seems that they can't hold more than 5lbs, and the locks tend to fall off.

I ended up buying some Saddleman Cruis'n Slant X-Jumbo, and the universal brackets. I'll let you know how they turn out.
The stock LT brackets are rated at 5 lbs per side ( as per the inside of the stock LT leather bags). As stated in my previous post, i have over 6000 miles on these bags, i have had no issues with the locks or hinges.

They are abs plastic, would i call them heavy duty bags .... definitely not, but all they are used for when i go touring is small stuff like cameras, cleaning gear, g/f hand bag (thats over 5 lbs) etc, stuff i want quick access to.

I have a trailer to haul the big stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The stock LT brackets are rated at 5 lbs per side ( as per the inside of the stock LT leather bags). As stated in my previous post, i have over 6000 miles on these bags, i have had no issues with the locks or hinges.

They are abs plastic, would i call them heavy duty bags .... definitely not, but all they are used for when i go touring is small stuff like cameras, cleaning gear, g/f hand bag (thats over 5 lbs) etc, stuff i want quick access to.

I have a trailer to haul the big stuff.
You have the MU bags directly from Matazu. The ones I'm talking about are the LN bags that I got from eBay. I think they may have been knock off Matazu bags. Anyway, the LNs were very small and felt flimsy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have the MU bags directly from Matazu. The ones I'm talking about are the LN bags that I got from eBay. I think they may have been knock off Matazu bags. Anyway, the LNs were very small and felt flimsy.
That's too bad, but that was what I was afraid of. Thanks for sharing your experience!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts