Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No MSF Classes in Valley Forge PA Site this year?

I had taken my MSF Basic Class last fall at the Wayne PA (next to the Valley Forge Rest area of the PA Turnpike) and I had wanted to take the BR2 if not ARC class there too as it is just a couple miles from my work.

The site has been dropped from the PAMSP.COM website...

I know they had a fatal crash at the site in 1998 and that case has been in the news this past year (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/03/new_trial_denied_over_death_of.html) but I don't think that the lawsuit had anything do do with the site dropping from the schedule?

I also see that the PA Turnpike was listed in the lawsuit so perhaps the PA Turnpike pulled the plug on the class? See http://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Superior/out/J-A06010-14m - 1017584982091850.pdf

I have tried my luck searching the internet and I can find another facility to take the class but I am still curious why we seem to have lost this site. Anybody better at searching out this info?

I do feel badly for this woman and her family. Riding a motorcycle isn't something that everybody can or should do - hell I have seen some people that shouldn't drive even a car. I do hope that this unfortunate event isn't related and I hope that the site is allowed to do MSF classes again in the future!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Can't say I have any more specific information, but I would imagine it's got something to do with that accident. Possibly, low re-enrollment prevented the MSP from sponsoring it. The more probable cause is whoever owns the land (be it the state or a private individual the state leases it from) didn't appreciate the bad publicity, especially since it was brought back up in the news several years after the incident due to the new lawsuit. Some may go so far as to call it disrespectul to continue holding the course at the same location, after what happened (not to imply I am one of them).

The majority of this is pure conjecture, but maybe that's all it'll ever be.

Edit: Just an idea, you may be able to contact PAMSP (to get permission) and then look at potential sites in your area to see if any would be willing to sponsor a course. If you have the time to do so and are willing to invest it, you may just get lucky and start a good relationship somewhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts