Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for seat reviews for the corbin dual tour seat. Mostly concerned with the positioning vs stock. Been through 2 seats now and I think the corbin will be the next one I try. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a 900 custom with Corbin young guns seat. I think the driver portion is pretty much the same. Corbin seats are made to order only, so fit may be a little different based oh height and weight. I sit a little lower and further back, tend to sit more in the seat than on it. They use a very firm foam that takes a while to form to your shape. It is a huge improvement over the stock seat with mods and air hawk.

Note seating surfaces are leather so a little more care is needed on seat maintenance. Because the seat is made to order you can go nuts with color trim and material options. Seat pan is hand laid fiberglass and the material quality and stitching is first rate.

I went with a third party back rest and have found the backrest is a nice addition, I don't use a windshield and the back rest takes the strain off my upper shoulders.

The only issue I have with the Corbin is that the backrest removal requires taking the seat off and removing the seat bracket. Not a big deal for me as I just leave the backrest in place.

I chose Corbin for several reasons a big one was based on reviews that it sits you a little lower and further back, where many others were higher and further forward. I am 6'1" and wanted a little more stretch in the seating position.

Overall I am happy with the Corbin seat, I went with traditional basket weave on the seating surfaces.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Bill. I think the Corbin will be the next one I try. The options are a bit over whelming. I am trying to pick something that will maintain the classic look of my bike but give it a bit of edge. Going to play with options for another day or two and then make my order. If anyone has pics of their Corbin seat I would love to see them.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Darkarcher

Suggest you give them a call before you order and discuss your choices. Some materials wear better, some are a little slippery, some color options don't go well together. They were helpful when I narrowed down my choice.

Yes the possible combinations are staggering. I ended up going very conservative, but each to their own!

Post pics when it arrives!

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Corbin in general are great seats...

Had one on a Honda Shadow 1100 and loved it !!!

Can't go wrong with a Corbin IMHO...

Luckymann77

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got both seats, what i believe is the young guns as well as the dual tour for a 2007 vulcan 900 custom. can post pics soon. any specific questions? they're great seats but to be honest, i bought the bike with them so have no experience with the stock seats.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got both seats, what i believe is the young guns as well as the dual tour for a 2007 vulcan 900 custom. can post pics soon. any specific questions? they're great seats but to be honest, i bought the bike with them so have no experience with the stock seats.
I now have a dual tour on order with backrest. Would like to see some pics of yours though while I wait 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had a Corbin Dual Tour with a backrest. I felt like it moved me down and back a little bit. That big scoop gave nice back support even with the actual backrest removed. I picked my seat up off of craigslist but luckily the seller's assprint must have matched mine perfectly. The backrest I ordered from Corbin and they were very nice to do business with.

I've considered getting a Corbin for my Triumph but haven't done it yet. Triumph threw in a heated seat with the bike, but it still sucks after a couple of hours so I need to stop messing around and just replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
here ya go (hopefully i'm posting these correctly). not the best pictures but you can see the difference in look between the two. Both Corbins. Looking to get an insertable Corbin backrest (if anyone has one for sale let me know)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts