Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was at a bar and there was a biker crew named los bandindos or something like that anyways. there was a bike with led lights and it looked awsome. I tried to ask him were he got them but he looked at me weird and said dnt worry bout it lol. I was like oh this guy so i :mad: just walked away . But yeah anybody have pics i would really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
LOL! The Bandidos MC? You're either really brave or extremely naïve. These guys don't like being approached unless you're being brought to them by someone they already know.

I know some of the guys on the forum are running LEDs, they can probably give you the info you want.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i put some blue led pods under my tank a couple days ago - i'll get some pics taken soon....i bought some 6 led pods at autozone for $14 a pair, got 2 pairs and it lights up beautifully.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Banditos can and are a pretty bad 1%MC in certain areas around TX. They can also be pretty badass guys to hang out with according to some guys from my MC, Fire & Iron. They have their own ways sometimes and you just have to be careful how you approach them. Take care.

PS I want to see them lights also. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL! The Bandidos MC? You're either really brave or extremely naïve. These guys don't like being approached unless you're being brought to them by someone they already know.

I know some of the guys on the forum are running LEDs, they can probably give you the info you want.

Ok well i dont think im naive . I am a brave person i just dont like getting blown off. I mean the guys thought they runned the place. I could care less about those guys and there bikes and their attitudes

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i didnt know how they acted i just wanted to talk to them about bikes. And where i could go for some stuff. I was being nice and respectful, i didnt know how they acted till after that. But yea, o well thats life. And it dont bother me that those guys wanted to act like that. Anyways anybody have any pics.

im sry if i offended someone in that crew thats in the forum. But i guess i just meet the wrong pps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No worries man, it happens. I had a run in with a MC that I'm not gonna name down in Florida last year. We were on the verge of a full on biker brawl over our patches of all things!!! LoL :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ok well i dont think im naive . I am a brave person i just dont like getting blown off. I mean the guys thought they runned the place. I could care less about those guys and there bikes and their attitudes
Ok, i'm going off topic and gonna get long-winded.

First off, i apologize if i offended. I really didn't mean to.

I'm sorta old, and have had the opportunity to travel around a good bit. If there's one thing i've learned, it's this: people are people. No matter where i am, no matter where i've been, i've found really nice folks and i've found real jerks. At any school, workplace, church, neighborhood, country, gathering... anywhere. People are people.

I'm sure that within the Bandidos or any other 1%er MC there are some really nice people, but i guarantee there are some real jerks too. The trouble with these guys is that they have a reputation of being "Billy Badass" that they like to identify with and they try to perpetuate. Particularly when they're together as a group... call it a pack mentality if you will.

I've been in salvage yards that make use of dogs as a means of security. When the shop is open, and the owner is there, the dog may approach you, tail wagging, to check you out. At the least, it will probably allow you to approach it. Shut the shop, and approach the dog without the owner around though, and you're in serious trouble. Particularly if there's more than one dog because they feed off each other's anxiety.

Had you talked this guy on his own at a motorcycle show or something, he probably would have been more approachable. Any biker likes to be complimented on his (or her) bike. However, at a bar, with his club members, when he was in full stride trying to be "Billy Badass"? A positive response is pretty unlikely. Like you said, these guys think they run the place; and in their mind, they do.

My suggestion in dealing with patched members of any 1%er MC is to assess the situation and the environment for the given moment. It may be best just to leave them alone. After all, you don't put your hand through a fence to pet a junkyard dog.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hopefully this works. I just got done lighting mine up a few days ago. I designed a kit with a guy who distributes here in Indiana and I installed it myself. Let me know what you think. This picture is without the bags on so the lights would show a bit better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Cool! Is it legal to drive around with it lit up like that, or is it just for when you're parked?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Way cool!! I want to put some lights on my bike, but I'm not sure of how many or where to put them. Maybe some insight on where you placed them?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here in Indiana, it is legal to cruise with the lights. Plenty of guys do it. The only stipulation is they cannot be blinking.

The thing I liked about the lights I used as opposed to what I've see on other kits is that the pods are set up to where they cover a greater area because the actual LED's are at different angles in the pod. For example, the 3 LED pods I used around the tank have one light pointing down and the lights to the left and right are at 45 degree angles to the center light. The system is great overall. Everything has a lifetime warranty and is waterproof while running off a very low power setup.

Here is a rundown of how I have the set-up.

There are three 3-LED pods on each side of the tank for a total of six. They are spaced out evenly across the the tank; front, middle, and rear.

There are two 3-LED pods on the front wheel. They are glued and zip tied to the inside of the fender mount and the wires are heat shrinked to one line running up the brake line.

There is one 5-LED pod between the top of the radiator/frame and the highway bar the lights up the radiator and fills the black void between that area. It really makes a huge difference and is one of my favorite additions.

The rear end is lit up with two 5-LED pods that that I taped/zip-tied (for added piece of mind and stability) the saddlebag supports and wound the wires up and out of the way and under the seat.

Finally, there are two 20-LED strips taped and zip-tied to the inside of the frame underneath for pure ground effects.

This was a real fun and easy project with great results. If any of you would like, I'd be more than happy to contact the guy I got mine from to see if he can put some kits at different price levels together and then put you in touch with him. The nice thing is the kit can have as few or as many lights as you'd like and you can forever add to it. I would by no means be making any money but I have a soft spot for my forum members and would sleep better knowing there are that many more Vulcan's out there looking sweet!

Thanks for the interest. Remember, brown down/blue up if you're flying and rubber down/sparkle up on a bike!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, i'm going off topic and gonna get long-winded.

First off, i apologize if i offended. I really didn't mean to.

I'm sorta old, and have had the opportunity to travel around a good bit. If there's one thing i've learned, it's this: people are people. No matter where i am, no matter where i've been, i've found really nice folks and i've found real jerks. At any school, workplace, church, neighborhood, country, gathering... anywhere. People are people.

I'm sure that within the Bandidos or any other 1%er MC there are some really nice people, but i guarantee there are some real jerks too. The trouble with these guys is that they have a reputation of being "Billy Badass" that they like to identify with and they try to perpetuate. Particularly when they're together as a group... call it a pack mentality if you will.

I've been in salvage yards that make use of dogs as a means of security. When the shop is open, and the owner is there, the dog may approach you, tail wagging, to check you out. At the least, it will probably allow you to approach it. Shut the shop, and approach the dog without the owner around though, and you're in serious trouble. Particularly if there's more than one dog because they feed off each other's anxiety.

Had you talked this guy on his own at a motorcycle show or something, he probably would have been more approachable. Any biker likes to be complimented on his (or her) bike. However, at a bar, with his club members, when he was in full stride trying to be "Billy Badass"? A positive response is pretty unlikely. Like you said, these guys think they run the place; and in their mind, they do.

My suggestion in dealing with patched members of any 1%er MC is to assess the situation and the environment for the given moment. It may be best just to leave them alone. After all, you don't put your hand through a fence to pet a junkyard dog.

cheers bro.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice bike. bro. i just bought a kit off of ebay with a controller and like 10 colors, should install it this weekend right before spring break on monday.

·
Registered
141 Posts
im thinkin of doing something like this, how did u guys wire these things up?
See my post up a few that shows how I did mine. The actual wiring is a closed loop system. Quite simple really...just have all your wires running to a positive and negative cable from your battery. On the positive cable is a fuse and a switch wired separate from the bike so the system can be turned on when the bike is off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts