Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title say any one have some tips for winter storing!?? my bike will be store in a unheated garage thanks!!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Like the title say any one have some tips for winter storing!?? my bike will be store in a unheated garage thanks!!
Drain oil and replace with only organic vegetable oil (not synthetic, its bad for it). Don't forget to pick up the elusive Super Tech Oil Filter. If you do not follow this advice your bike will self destruct in the matter of 2 months, 1 week, and 2.35 days on the nose. :D

No but for real. Fill up the gas tank dump in some sea foam or any other stabilizer. Run it, top off tank. Lift bike, change oil and filter, fog cylinders and wait for the sun to come out. Oh yeah and a good wash and wax is always a good thing too.

Try the search button. This has been discussed in the last week or so. Lot of different opinions on what to do.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All done!! the only things i put some Olive oil I think is better!! hahaha!!
thanks !! I will try the search engine!!

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
putting it away already....... at least 100 bikes passed my house today... but sadley i only took mine to the store and back...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't forget the battery tender and put plastic bags on the exhaust with rubber bands to keep the insects/spiderwebs out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No big worm my bike is not store yet! it was +18 Celsius last weekend :cool:

Don't forget the battery tender and put plastic bags on the exhaust with rubber bands to keep the insects/spiderwebs out.
This is a good idea!!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
For me, buy a box of kleenex, everytime i go out to shovel snow i have to walk past my bikes and start crying ..:crying:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I thought you guys were men out there, studded tires and you would be good to go.... :D

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
For me, buy a box of kleenex, everytime i go out to shovel snow i have to walk past my bikes and start crying ..:crying:
hahaha, I hear ya!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
that is what I have felt like this week with all this snow we got. Now all the roads are covered is salt and gravel and it is the end of October.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
that is what I have felt like this week with all this snow we got. Now all the roads are covered is salt and gravel and it is the end of October.
That's the worst part. It's not just the 'cold', it's the nasty road conditions when they are covered with sand, salt, cinders, etc.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That's the worst part. It's not just the 'cold', it's the nasty road conditions when they are covered with sand, salt, cinders, etc.
Yeah and all of our coal trucks running around you get NASTY when it gets like this outside. I am not kidding you can't ride but a few miles with out having to clean face shield/winshield.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
Yeah and all of our coal trucks running around you get NASTY when it gets like this outside. I am not kidding you can't ride but a few miles with out having to clean face shield/winshield.
someday someone will invent a windshield wiper/washer setup for a batwing...lmfao

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
someday someone will invent a windshield wiper/washer setup for a batwing...lmfao
We don't have to invent it, just patent a design that way if some one gets the idea to make it we would have the patent. :D

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Yep, i ride mine till they sand and salt, then the season is done ... i have had a very poor riding season this year due to family commitments, oh well, there is always next year to look forward to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts