Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new seat for my 07 900 Classic and modified my old stock seat into a solo. Phoned my local dealer to get another seat latch that is attached to the bottom of the seat so I can switch seats quickly, and they tell me that I can't order a seat latch. Only way to get the latch is to get another seat (crazy or what?). Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on where to get another latch. Already tried a few salvage yards with no luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm sure you have thought of this , but here goes.

2 wing nuts with lock washers. You could take the latch off and put it on the other seat in less than a minute.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good luck on this one. About two years ago I too stoped at the dealer only to find out I needed to purchase a new seat as well. Never seen it on ebay or anywhere else as most aftermarket seats don't come with so you have to reuse your own. Good thing is that at the ended I ended up with a OEM Gel and that one came with it so I took the one from the stocker and installed it on my Willie & Max and now I can swap the Willie to the Gel in seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts