Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost I just want to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone here on the forums. So I want to put a full exhaust system on my 2006 900. The only options that I have been seeing are Cobra, Vance & Hines, and Freedom pipes. Are those the only options for a full exhaust system? I know Harley has so many different options but it seems like for our metric cruisers there are only a few. Also I am looking for a 2 in 1....I know Vance & Hines makes it.
Basically if anyone has any of these systems installed in their bikes I would love the feedback. I cant do the stock pipes anymore because riding in New Jersey i need to be heard. I almost got clipped a few times because i wasn't heard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im kinda thinking about going with them, my only problem is me riding are they to loud? I saw videos online and they seem pretty loud.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I have the Freedom performance on my bike. They're loud and I like them, but they're not 2-1. I like the curves they have. I think they're perfect, but that's on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look nice on your bike. I have a silver bike so i can only go chrome. Looking more into it i might be going with the dual pipe rather than the 2 in 1

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine are loud enough to hear with my full face on and my Sena turned all the way up. But that’s what I wanted. The pipes are chrome they’re just dirty since it’s cold as hell and don’t feel like washing it every week.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dmonger......those look great on it. Do you have a power commander on it? Since I am going to do the pipes in putting one in as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yup. I bought the straight fuel controller instead of going with the PC5 since I only wanted to adjust my fuel and not worry about my fuel ignition timing etc. Just downloaded a map from the PC5 module.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Get some new pipes to make your ride sound badass! Forget the debate about whether or not they hear your pipes.

I have Cobra Slashdown pipes on Buffy with a Power Commander installed.

Numerous bikers (some Harley) have approached me to say that my bike sounds awesome! They are loud enough to get her noticed with a deep growl that makes her sound like she means business.

Besides that, they look great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait a minute your saying that I have a horn on my bike??? HAAHHAHA I live in New Jersey it is so congested and people do not respect motorcycles at all. Also im so going to go with a PC5, i want to do it up but hopefully my wallet doesn't deflate too much lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah im kinda thinking about going with them, my only problem is me riding are they to loud? I saw videos online and they seem pretty loud.
I think Vance & Hines with a Fuelpak work the best and sound beautiful. If you want to tone them down, V.&H. make quieter baffles, but you would have to check with them for application. I think the stock baffles that come with them sound good though: not too loud and nicely "Tuned". Allot of folks forget that just loud can sound like crap - they need to be engineered to sound right. The way the piping is bent, the amount of baffle, etc. can make all the difference in both sound and performance. That's why guys that just punch out or remove stock baffles on factory exhaust, sound so bad. The tuning of a fuelpak completes the job, by matching the exhaust tuning and scavenging with the proper fuel intake spec's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Get some new pipes to make your ride sound badass! Forget the debate about whether or not they hear your pipes.

I have Cobra Slashdown pipes on Buffy with a Power Commander installed.

Numerous bikers (some Harley) have approached me to say that my bike sounds awesome! They are loud enough to get her noticed with a deep growl that makes her sound like she means business.

Besides that, they look great!

Cobra and Screaming Eagle (HD) make some nice systems, too. I had Bubbs on my Road Glide, which were nice, but they're out of business. Always thought Samson and Jardine were just loud - my personal opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Vance & Hines with a Fuelpak work the best and sound beautiful. If you want to tone them down, V.&H. make quieter baffles, but you would have to check with them for application. I think the stock baffles that come with them sound good though: not too loud and nicely "Tuned". Allot of folks forget that just loud can sound like crap - they need to be engineered to sound right. The way the piping is bent, the amount of baffle, etc. can make all the difference in both sound and performance. That's why guys that just punch out or remove stock baffles on factory exhaust, sound so bad. The tuning of a fuelpak completes the job, by matching the exhaust tuning and scavenging with the proper fuel intake spec's.
Thats where I am going with this, I am doing the fuel pack so I know that my mechanic is going to make it the way it is supposed to be. I trust him, he has been a strictly motorcycle mechanic for over 35 years. He even told me to not to go with just slip on's. If you are going to do it, do it right the first time, spend the money now so you do not have to worry about it. Thanks so much for your input.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have Cobras 2-1s on mine, with a fi2000. Not sure if cobra makes that pipe any more. They are (were) loud, made a baffle to tone them down a bit. Could not find a premade baffle. I also installed a Loud horn,
now I can be heard coming or going ;)

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have to admit get the horn I got a two horns and they are LOUD.
It scares the S**t out of people and they pull back straight away.
It sounds like a loud truck, I laugh my ass of from the fantastic reactions from people

·
Registered
10 Posts
The other option is to get a set of pipes made for your bike...you want loud so you dont have to worry about baffles just straight exhaust. And since your already putting on a power commander you dont have to worry about exhaust gas pressure or temp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts