Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice! Wanting a beefier tire up front on my custom, is there actually a difference visually between 80/90 & 90/90 up front in the stock wheel? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Curious also. In the market for new tires. Are you going for appearance or function?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looking for advice! Wanting a beefier tire up front on my custom, is there actually a difference visually between 80/90 & 90/90 up front in the stock wheel? Thanks in advance!

I believe those who increase the size of the front tire may experience tire rub on the front fender. I believe the front fender would need to be raised in order to install the larger tire. The custom has a low profile tire and the larger size is 10mm. If I’m not mistaken. I was interested in going larger myself since I wanted whitewalls, but didn’t want them bad enough to modify the front fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I put a Metzler ME880 Marathon 90/90-21 on 10,000 miles ago, so there is no sense of a picture now (it's pretty well worn). When I mounted it, I heard that you may have to slot the fender mount, but there was no problem with mine. The new tire nubs hit, but wore off in a few miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts