Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm debating getting rid of my Harley for a Vaquero. A backrest. Better seat. And rear floorboards are needed though fir my wife. If I have to spend 700 for a backrest and 300 fir a seat and another 200 for floorboards. I figure I might as well get a voyager. Any suggestions?? Thanks. Google shows no options exept the Corbin seat with built in backrest. But that isn't sturdy enough for what my wife is comfortable with. I can't believe Kawasaki charges double of what a Harley backrest costs. That's crappy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can save some money negotiating the options you want at the time of purchase. Unlike the Harley dealers I've dealt with, Kawi dealers seem open to the concept of haggling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
harley dealers do negotiate,, but anyways,, I just wanted to know if theres another option, or is the kawi backrest all there is? not very many aftermarket acc for these bikes...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That is the main reason my local dealer can't keep Voyagers, but has only sold one Vaquero. The Vaquero is definitely for a solo rider.

By the time you make it equivalent to a voyager without a trunk you have spent more money than buying a voyager.

If you could find someone who has a nomad that wants a trunk you could buy the Voyager, slap a low windshield on it, trade your trunk for the Nomad backrest and have one of these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the backrest is for the driver.

And yeah. That's my thinking. Just the vol are only 12900 right now at my local. Theta a great price. But add a thousand to make it tourable. And yeah. Might as well get a dresser.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts