Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive found a used 2015 with 30000km on it (18000miles) is there any thing to be wary of.

Has full service history ect ect

Its under half new retail price or approx 1/3rd with included mods

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you're talking about a retail price of $7,000, a 4 year old bike with 18k for $3500 seems a bit high. I would say take it to a mechanic and do a full inspection. It will probably cost between $100 and $150. Well worth the cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I'm in Australia, there 11k here new cheapest one on bike sales (our main bike site with 53 for sale nation wide) is 7.2k (admittly with 2/3km) this one is 4.5k I've seen the logbook with all services done (including his orginal details from were he purchased it) , was very forth coming showing extra things such as both tyre wear small scrach on visor ect ect

It also has visor and viking saddle bags and a extra exhaust.

He has also said its due for surface in 1000miles ect ect

Also mentioned battery is orginal and may need replacing soon but he keeps it ona tender and says its ok

I'm feeling pretty confident just wasn't sure if these things are known to have issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings Mathew, that's a cheap price in Aus. Check the PPSR to make sure it's not a repairable write off as that has insurance and registration issues.
Does it come with a current road worthy as at least in Vic most aftermarket exhausts won't pass the 94 db limit.
Hope it all checks out.
PendDraig.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A rwc is useless interstate. Maybe worth him getting an inspection at my cost a pay for that next service. Comes with orginal exhaust and a loud aftermarket in the box that was on the bike. All orginal parts are included.

He also asked if I wanted to come pic it up but as its 1000miles away it's not an option.

Think I will just jump on it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cool bananas, I only mentioned the rwc as a check for pipe loudness, missed it had the second one.. doh
Please do the PPSR check as it is only $2. When I almost bought a KVS from Queensland my Insurer wanted the ppsr for a cover note. Not sure of your state, but a repairable write off can never be registered in NSW.
Just don't want to see any one burned..
Regards .. PendDraig

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rego check done (which offered a $25 check for witeoff ect ect) but spent the $2 clean as a whistle with nothing listed. Colour/plates ect ect line up also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts