Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2000 Lt classic and want to but new pipes , ether cobra longs or
hd hrd krms any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Got a 2000 Lt classic and want to but new pipes , ether cobra longs or
hd hrd krms any suggestions ?
Good day.....Well not sure i am much help.....Is kinda a personal thing i think....I have cobra on my 1600.....slash cut out......I have had other bikes with V&H......some with stock....The only reason i went with the Cobra on this bike is because where i live no one had them on their Nomads so i wanted to try them and have something different from everyone else.....I like then and am happy with them...Not 2 loud.....Nice sound....Whatever floats ur boat....I have never been one to follow the crowd...Always like 2 try something different...Take care.....Terry.......:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put the V&H powershots on they increased the hp and sound great. Deep and throaty and really sound good when you get on the throttle. Also did the chip and K & N air filter. Factory pipes sitting in the garage. Also put a Mustang seat on. What a difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm pissed, three weeks later and no sign of my exhaust. The companies web site is down, phone disconnected and no reply to my daily emails. Looks like I've been ripped off. As luck would have it, I paid with Paypal, so I stand a chance of getting the money back. I WILL HAVE POWERSHOTS... I WILL I WILL.......

·
Registered
409 Posts
In my experience the Hard Krome pipes are great quality! They have the double wall pipes that will never turn blue. But they do seem to be some of the loudest pipes out there. I have heard all kinds in my line of work and none have come quite close to loudness as the Hard Kromes. Even my mechanic that installed them agreed. Anyway, it still boils down to a personal preference.

Hint: Try going on Youtube to see if you can find anyone who put a video on with pipes you want on a Vulcan 2000. At least you may get some idea as to what they might sound like on your bike first, before you shell out the $$$$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts