Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
the mountains two hours to the west, the beach three hours to the east, and everything else in between. Charlotte has the nite life, if thats your thing. Its has the shopping, the fine dining, fine arts. Could be better as far as live music but you can find some if you know where to look. Cost of living is rising but still reasonable compared to most, unless you want to live on a lake then those taxes arent pretty. But Mecklenburg County has the highest taxes by far. You can save thousands in the surrounding counties.

NC is Mid-Atlantic so the summers are Hot and Humid. No escaping it. And I would take the NC winters over ME winters any day. There is even an amusement park, Carowinds (6 flags type), where you can go be as big a kid as you want to be. Nowadays there seem to be as many bikes as there are cars there, so find the nearest Quaker Steak and Lube on bike nite and you will find plenty of new friends to ride with.

I could go on and on about what i like about Charlotte, but my only dislike is the Mecklenbug Co taxes. Like I said, look into the surrounding counties and your wallet may thank you every September when the bill comes

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats funny how everything talks about the distance to the beach and the distance to the moutains in reference to Charlotte. Im about a mile from the ocean and about an hour or so from the white moutains in new hampshire.

If what I am reading about property taxes is accurate for Charlotte, they present it in an odd form, it looks to be about half what they are in Portland. We pay a bit over $2, 800 a year for a house we paid $179k for.

How are jobs there? Im a CPA in maine and am having a really hard time finding work.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
61 Posts
considering Im in Texas now, 300 miles from the ocean and All Day from anything remotely resembling a mountain, those two and three hours look damn good.

I dont know what ME tax rates are. My last home in Charlotte was 295k and my last tax bill was pushing 6k and change. The job market is stable and cpa's seems to be good. I have friends in that field who are never without

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Well I am in the Mountains of VA. In the southern part of NC you can expect to not get hardly any amount of show. Summers are HUMID. As for what it is like to live there. I do not know. The most time I have spent in Charlotte in at the air port. But you are rater close to the mountain ares of NC. You can travel to the north a few hours and possibly get some skiing in the winter and some mountain riding in the summers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since its later winter here in southern Maine its the time of year that I always think about moving.

So how is Charlotte? What are the summers like? Do you like it there? What do you dislike about it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
We ride year round in Charlotte. Last year we did not get 1 flake of snow. So far this year there has been about an inch but it was gone the following day.

The summers are a little on the warm side and just plain hot for about two weeks. But the longer spring and fall are nice.

I love the fact that I can be at the beach or in the mountains in three hours.

MT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts