Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
yes i have it on my nomad , BUT it has few cons :

1- it sits far way back .
2- high , doesnt support your lower back .
3- if you are short handed you must lean back .
4- makes a gap between the two parts of the seat ( passenger seat rattles )

ps: its not attached to the fender , its attached to the rear passenger seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have it on my nomad , BUT it has few cons :

1- it sits far way back .
2- high , doesnt support your lower back .
3- if you are short handed you must lean back .
4- makes a gap between the two parts of the seat ( passenger seat rattles )

ps: its not attached to the fender , its attached to the rear passenger seat.
Thank you for your reply,

So it does not adjust to move the body forward towards the handlebars? The rider is forced to sit too far back?

Their website seems to advertise the "adjustability" of the backrest quite a bit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i had the custom international backrest on my 900 custom , it was great fully adjustable , but it has on con which was uncomfortable to the passenger ( on the 900 ) , iam thinking of replacing the backup with the custom ,

the Backup is not adjustible at all .

·
Registered
299 Posts
i had the custom international backrest on my 900 custom , it was great fully adjustable , but it has on con which was uncomfortable to the passenger ( on the 900 ) , iam thinking of replacing the backup with the custom ,

I just got the Custom World for my 1700 Nomad and is fully adjustable. up and down and forword and back at least 3 inches. Seems very comfortable for the few short rides to work so far. My wife got on the back and does not even come close to touching her. Shes happy. The Grasshopper i had she hated because the fold over edges of the vynal would touch and poke at her legs. Also is very solid and looks great.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just got the Custom World for my 1700 Nomad and is fully adjustable. up and down and forword and back at least 3 inches. Seems very comfortable for the few short rides to work so far. My wife got on the back and does not even come close to touching her. Shes happy. The Grasshopper i had she hated because the fold over edges of the vynal would touch and poke at her legs. Also is very solid and looks great.
How does it attach? Also do you have any pictures of it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ok, now I'm confused, the Bakup folks replied to my email and stated the bakup backrest for the 2009 and beyond Voyager is forward/back and up/down adjustable... as well as "spring loaded."

Can someone post a pic of the adjustment points on this backrest and post a pic of a finished install?

Thanks for all your posts so far!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts