Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing all these aftermarket seats with removable driver backrests, but none with the removable passenger backrest.

Does anyone know of any?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Definitely Corbin. I got one because I didn't want a sissy bar, but wanted a backrest for the wife on longer rides. The bonus is that it (the backrest) can be used in the rider position also. Nice for long solo rides. I think rider position backrests look kinda geriatric, but on long rides I'll take comfort over coolness.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely Corbin. I got one because I didn't want a sissy bar, but wanted a backrest for the wife on longer rides. The bonus is that it (the backrest) can be used in the rider position also. Nice for long solo rides. I think rider position backrests look kinda geriatric, but on long rides I'll take comfort over coolness.

Does that seat cure the painful tailbone syndrome? How long of a ride have you taken on the new seat? What are your stats? I'm 6'1" and 210.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Does that seat cure the painful tailbone syndrome? How long of a ride have you taken on the new seat? What are your stats? I'm 6'1" and 210.
It helps a LOT. I used to be good for about an hour & a half in the saddle, and now I can go 2 & a half or so. And then it's more of a numb butt cheeks thing. I rode from Omaha to Eureka Springs, AR and no back pain.

I'm 5'10" and 180. They ask you about your height & weight when you order, so there must be some kind of compensation.

They use memory foam, so it's not a squishy soft comfort. It's a firm shaped to your butt comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts