Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership is loading my 'new' 09 Classic onto the trailer now...should be here within an hour!!

:)

Rod

·
Registered
151 Posts
NOT THE TRAILER!!! Dealership begged me to let them deliver it, cost them a new tank and the labor to put it on. The @%@#$ that loaded it put the straps on wrong and chipped the paint off both sides of my tank.....anywho-----CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
She arrived at 1830 last night! Safely strapped to the trailer, no marks on her at all. We bought her Wednesday night. I had never ridden anything larger than a 550 before, and the dealership is on a service road to a very busy highway, and we would have gotten her in time for heavy traffic. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about riding a 900 for the first time in that sort of traffic.

The bike wasn't ready that evening (was still in a crate) so I was OK with them delivering. Turns out I needn't have worried...riding was no problem at all! She handles so well, I barely noticed the weight difference from my old 500.

It was getting cold, so I only put about 15 miles on her...just riding around the neighborhood. Today I should be able to take a longer trip. It is so exciting...this bike is miles more comfortable, powerful and fun to ride. The only issue I had was forgetting to use the heel shift...I kept using my toe. But I will soon adjust to that.

I could not get the attachments to work, so I put a link to my Picasa site for photo's.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rjkardo/VulcanClassic#

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sweet. I think the lines of the 900 classic just can't be beat. But the, I might be biased. Your banner doesn't say where you hail from. I'm in NE Oregon.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet. I think the lines of the 900 classic just can't be beat. But the, I might be biased. Your banner doesn't say where you hail from. I'm in NE Oregon.
I updated my profile...hadn't noticed the location part.
We are in Spring, Texas. Just a hair north of Houston.

Rod

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, enjoy her, ride safe. I too love that blue looks great.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like that blue too. Houston? I'll be down there in two weeks for a trade show in Pasadena. I wish I could bring the bike, but that ain't happening. Ride safe my Texas friend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey congrats Spring! Nice to see ya got it safe and sound. That's some BLUE-blue!!!!
I haven't seen that color offered around here...Looks good! Happy trails and safe thrills!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Hey SpringVulcan, If you are just a hair north of Houston, that means you are in a suburb of Dallas. :) I really like that color of blue. Now the accessories start....I have the darker blue on an 08. Just broke 20000 miles today on a 225 mile ride up to look at some Honda's (Goldwing). As I got back on my Agnes, I had a smile from face-to-face, cause I saved a lot of money by staying with the Classic..... Ride safe......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts