Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just waiting for the right deal. Years ago I had a V2K and sold it. I needed a new car, needed a bike that could satisfy my cornering itch and missed my old TLS immensely. Basically the stars did not align for me to keep the old Battlestar (V2K), have a sportbike and get a new car. Times change. I have a great car, and a fantastic SV1000S, and just sold my Volusia (great handling but anemic engine and brakes) so I am about to pull the trigger on another 2004.

I CANNOT WAIT!

What have I missed since I've been gone?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
V2K living

Welcome back! Have you found another 04 already? I was looking for another early model but only found 08's and up. Mostly Honda and Harley here.....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! Have you found another 04 already? I was looking for another early model but only found 08's and up. Mostly Honda and Harley here.....
I've found 2 so far. One is mostly stock except the pipe (which I want stock) and another slightly higher mileage but original owner with some nice touches. 5 hour drive from me though, the first one is only 2 hours. A bunch of others including my old bike which is now on its 5th owner. There is one in particular which the owner advertises as being dressed to impress but it looks like Barnum and Bailey accessorized it, tacky as hell. And a few others at ridiculous prices. One is mostly stock but it has Barons fenders that the owner seems to think have added 5k to the base value. I guess that it might be worth it to somebody as it does look good.

How does the volume of your Powershots compare to the original pipes? And do you know what they sound like with the quiet baffles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts