Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole the antenna off my 2014 Vaquero. Should I just call Kawasaki or is there a better place to get a replacement?:crying2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whoa, $128 that's crazy, but then again all of the accessories form Kawasaki are priced that way.
My radio reception where I live (dense urban Chicago Area) is crap, so I had to try something else for the tunes.
Ever think about Bluetooth? I only bought the $140 iPod connection with the foam filler from Kawasaki. Then a Bluetooth receiver for another $30 from Amazon.

Zero Static from my playlist on my phone is awesome! But the downside is no control from the handlebar.

Regards
ToolMan5454

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Someone stole the antenna off my 2014 Vaquero. Should I just call Kawasaki or is there a better place to get a replacement?/forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png
Is there something special about this antenna? I took mine off the day I brought my 17 Vaquero home. It's been the saddle bag ever since. I was planning on looking for a shorter one. I kicked it when I threw my leg over tne bike. Since I usually play my mp3s, I don't use it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Is there something special about this antenna? I took mine off the day I brought my 17 Vaquero home. It's been the saddle bag ever since. I was planning on looking for a shorter one. I kicked it when I threw my leg over tne bike. Since I usually play my mp3s, I don't use it.
Yes, it greatly improves radio reception.

I rode to work one day on my Vaquero and noticed the FM stations had a bunch of static ... looked back and realized I left my antenna at home - oops! I leave my bike under a cover when it's not being ridden, so I have to remove the antenna before putting the cover on.

-John

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes, it greatly improves radio reception.

I rode to work one day on my Vaquero and noticed the FM stations had a bunch of static ... looked back and realized I left my antenna at home - oops! I leave my bike under a cover when it's not being ridden, so I have to remove the antenna before putting the cover on.

-John
I know what it does! But is there a reason you can't use an auto antenna? They're abou 40 bucks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure about the Vaquero i have a voyager but i assume the radio is the same. I also wanted to use a cover so i replaced it with a shorty from ebay for about 5 dollars and i find no difference in reception. The local auto parts stores also sell them but for a bit more money 10 to 12 bucks but you can carefully unwrap it after buying it of course and test it out and if you don't like it return it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, a rubber ducky auto antenna will work if you can find one with an adapter that matches the treads. Plus there are many different length antennas that will work. When you replace the antenna use a star washer to prevent if from falling off. I still have my 2013 and it has never loosened up after I put a star washer on the connection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going to the local O'Reilly Auto Parts and got a Universal Rubber Duck antenna with multiple connectors. Cost was $20. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions/feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts