Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a windshield that looks good on a black custom, more specifically an SE. I didn't want to put one on, but I do too much highway riding, and the highway wind is brutal. especially with a skid lid. I haven't seen too many on the SE's so I am unsure of what I really like yet. Pictures would be great! I'm 5'11" and would like something that puts the wind atleast to the top of my helmet. I've been eyeballing the MS speed demon, but want to see what ya'll have. If I'm going to spend 200 bucks on plastic I want it to be the right one. And I'm very happy to be a new member here! Lots of great info...... Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
MS Big Shot

My ride's an 07 Custom not an SE so you'll have to imagine the color differences. Ive been looking around a lot and this is still my favorite. Enough so that I ordered new plastic for it this year. I had used bad cleaners and bleached out the color and caused the coating to craze. I've seen a lot customs with this style and I really love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Windshield

2011 Custom SE.
I'm also 5'11". I have a Mustang seat.

Ver1
MS Bullet shield. Looks great, wind hits mid chest. After an hour a hwy speed it gets pretty old.

Ver 2
I attached a MS Batwing with a 9" windscreen. Above 50 the wind hits my chin, then my face. The turbulant wind induces a vibration in my helmet. Wind is off my chest, but I get dizzy real fast.

Ver 3
MS Batwing Long Rider Shield 10" upswept. I realigned the Batwing to a more vertical position. Wind is now at my eyes. Almost comfortable.

Ver 4
MS Batwing LRS 10" upswept added lower deflectors. Getting better, wind feels like its off my face and just buffeting the top of my helmet.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thx zixxer, I got mine thru DennisKirk.com. Paid $200 for the shield and hardware back in '07. But it looks like the plastic has gone up by $10 since then, not sure about the hardware. If you get a Memphis Shades, make sure you follow the cleaning instructions. I didn't; that's why I had to replace the plastic this year. Check this thread out. Good pics of several bikes with shields. I posted a pic of mine showing the fork mounted hardware.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19343&highlight=windshield

1 - 5 of 5 Posts