Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i had to park the beast today because my front tire and break pads are badly worn.

I've been looking into the metz me880 to replace the stock bridgey, but everywhere i look, i see 2 results for the metz. There's one with a v rating and 79 load index, and another with h speed rating and 71 index.
I would assume i should get the v because it's the closest to stock, but most places list the h rated with a higher review rating than the other? Are there any other differences between these two?

Also, feel free to chime in on other type of tire you think i should look into.
I live in the central cali valley, where it's hot as sack and very dry for most of the year.
I mainly want to get some good life out of them, but i admit i ride it pretty hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought my bike it had the Metzlers with which were as good as new I have put almost 6000km on so far this season and the back is ready to be replaced...because of this I'm looking at going to the darkside.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Hey guys, i had to park the beast today because my front tire and break pads are badly worn.

I've been looking into the metz me880 to replace the stock bridgey, but everywhere i look, i see 2 results for the metz. There's one with a v rating and 79 load index, and another with h speed rating and 71 index.
I would assume i should get the v because it's the closest to stock, but most places list the h rated with a higher review rating than the other? Are there any other differences between these two?

Also, feel free to chime in on other type of tire you think i should look into.
I live in the central cali valley, where it's hot as sack and very dry for most of the year.
I mainly want to get some good life out of them, but i admit i ride it pretty hard.
I believe the "proper" one for the bike is the one with the higher load rating.

The Metz front I used was the higher load rated one. Worked fine. I'm on a Bridgestone Excedra Max front at present. The Metz lasted about the same as the OEM Battleax, but wore without cupping. Bought the Excedra because it cost less so why not if it's going to last about the same miles anyway. Grip on it seems fine too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts