Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the little woman to join me for a cruise Sunday. We only rode for about an hour, before stoping for a nice break to grab some food. We then returned, so another hour or so coming home. To say she was not exactly thrilled with my "07" Custom's pasenger seat comfort would be a real understatement. :( . I am generally content with the seat comfort for myself. Yeah, I know it could be better, but I can deal with it ok. Any suggestions for improving or replacing the seat on a Custom that both improves the pasenger comfort and maintains the styling of the 900 custom? I'm really emphasizing pasenger comfort here. :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
seat cushion

you might want to look into getting an "airhawk" seat cushion. they are made by ROHO. this company makes a wide variety of cushions including those for wheelchairs. i just got the medium sized motorcycle cushion for my '08 900 classic and i won't leave home without it. this was a more affordable option than buying a whole new seat i might not like. you can easily take it off wherever you stop and still maintain the look of your bike. look on ebay or amazon, they have different sizes for the driver and passenger seats. hope this helps.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Air Hawk should be a nice addition. Make sure she sets it correctly not just airs it up. Other than that, Mustang makes a nice touring seat but that can be hard on an un-accustomed rear end.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hard seat

As stated in other threads you may have read, I just went to Wally World and bought one of those gel-pads in the auto section for $19.95. I'm sure they aren't as good as the airhawk but way cheaper and the same concept. You could also use it in your car which is what I have done. Seems to make a big difference though it might be too big for the back passenger area?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I purchased an Airhawk for my LT. It was ok, should have put the money toward an aftermarket seat whicc I finally ended up buying..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Look up Mean City Cycles out of North Carolina on the internet. You can ship your seat to them and they will rework it and add memory foam or gel pads (whichever you like) and ship it back to you. I will ship mine to them in June so I can report later. Have heard nothing but good reports. Will cost me about $100.00 plus shipping to get my stock seat reworked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought a Mustang seat. Tried the airhawk and it helped, the mustang fits my butt better, and looks WAY better on the bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have a mustang daytripper on my Custom. it still holds the lines of the bike and is comfortable. i had a saddleman solo that was horrible, not wide enough and pushed me way forward. the mustang pushed me back a hair i think and kept me about the same height. i got the Day Tripper Special that has the fake perforated grey in panel in the middle. thought the grey would help keep it from getting as hot when it sits out, the fake perf would help circ some air since it isn't smooth. and on my black bike it looks great. i will try to post some pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Willie & Max

Has anyone seen or had experience with the Willie & Max Black Label solo seat? I like the looks of it. They say that there is one for the 900 Custom. I was curious about issues mounting it and comfort. thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have this one:
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=30&manufacturer_ID=56&product_ID=24938&sblid_name=Mustang_Seats_One_Piece_Wide_Vintage_Touring_Seat___VN_____for_Kawasaki_Vulcan_900_Classic_LT&model_id=125

and it fits your bike... it is SUPER comfortable but i don't like it (previous owner installed)... i am looking to offload it and get a daytripper. if you ride the misses alot, i also have the 17" Cobra Sissybar and a luggage rack that i took off.

PM me if you are interested... seat and everything else in great condition.

·
Registered
182 Posts
another seat

Thanks. I'm looking to go with a solo look. You could try putting your items in the classifieds section. It seems that items sell quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts