Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK--so my tailbone hurts after a while. Did 150 miles yesterday and had a blast, but was a might uncomfortable. Broke my tailbone in a hang glider crash when I was young.
I saw a seat the other day that had a chrome strip down the middle of the seat which formed trough (V shaped sort of).
I'm thinking something like that would take all of the pressure off the tail.

What do you think?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like a bicycle seat. The strip is to help take pressure off of your privates and to help you sit on your sit bones. It might help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a bicycle seat. The strip is to help take pressure off of your privates and to help you sit on your sit bones. It might help.
Yup...I ride several bicycles, but I saw a moto seat designed that way. Curious as to why they aren't mentioned when folks are looking for solutions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tailbone thing was getting ridiculous making it hard to really relax and enjoy the rides, so I decided to do a DYI customizing job before springing for a new seat.
I first carved out a tear dropped shaped hole toward the back (starting at the back curvature and terminating the point about half way to the front). I bought a memory foam pillow at Wally World and cut a piece to fit that shape. Then a cut a piece about 10" x 2.5" to run along each edge to build that up. Plastic back and cover stapled. Sitting on it feels real good, but haven't ridden yet. I'm hoping this does the trick. The spray adhesive doesn't seem to work with the memory foam, so if the fix warms well, I'll open her up again and find a better solution. Short term--it should hold well enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts