Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, did an intro and now time for some questioning. I am trying to attach saddlebags with a sissy bar.. I have seen some of you that still have the shrouds on, how is that possible? Also I can’t attaché the bags with my sissy bar. Any help?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
that's how the bike shop mechanics do it, drill a small pilot hole in the center of the bolt stud then use a reverse thread bit that grabs that bolt back out with a special bit

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Not being a 650 S owner, I fail to see the problem. It looks fairly straight forward as there are two bolts placed in a great position to mount bags from. There are several folks in here that have mounted some really nice bags to theirs so it can be done.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh, I see in your other post that its a Mean Streak. Sorry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s all good, I’m just glad I finally got a reply lol. See your in fredricson, WA. I have been through there a few times. Wish I had known someone up there had a 750 because I was looking to start a VN club in that area. I’ve moved now sadly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I have saddlebags and the KQR brackets installed, but I don't own the sissy bar, the brackets for the bags come with these little rollers if you want to add the sissy bar later. It's important to note that there are two bracket options, the fixed bag brackets, or the KQR ones, and the fixed don't come with a spot for the sissy bar that I'm aware of

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I hope you get it worked out. Those are some nice looking, color matched bags!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts