Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I started another project:D My oldest son was trying to buy my '07 900 Classic from me and with college it just wasn't happening so I got it back. We decided that whenever my wife rides with me we'd rather ride 2-up on the MS so the 900 is going to become my solo cruiser, for commuting to work and short hops around home. Since the budget for it is extremely tight, it's going to be a slow process, alot of trading for parts, and hopefully a little creativity along the way. This is how it looked a few months ago.

This is how it sits now-

Kinda sad lookin' right now, lol! I removed the 1st things I'm going to change. Handlebars, floorboards, seat, saddlebags, and backrest are all off waiting for their replacements. Eventually I'd like to add shorty pipes, different fenders, drop it in the rear by 2", and add 7 degree triples, but that's a ways off.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but the sissybar, seat, handlebars, and floorboards are already gone.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woohoo! The big brown truck just left! Time to get busy:D pics to come later tonight!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go!! Phase 1 is complete:D I just finished installing drag bars, forward controls w/XOPRODOX pegs, and a Saddlemen solo seat on my '07 900 Classic, onto the pics-

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I also removed the front fender as I didn't care much for the looks of it. I left the fender mount in place as I'm not sure if it doesn't have a secondary function as a fork brace. It may only be 1/8" thick steel, but it is formed and very solid, so I left it. Eventually I'll be putting a Britt front fender on.

I took off the belt guards to give it a more basic look and in preparation for a possible 210 or 230 rear tire. Tires and a lowering kit are the next phase, but it'll be a bit before I get to that.

I gotta give a huge thanx to doughrek, great parts, great to work with, fast shipping, he's a stand up guy! Thanks Doughrek!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I gotta give a huge thanx to doughrek, great parts, great to work with, fast shipping, he's a stand up guy! Thanks Doughrek!!
The parts look awesome on there. Thank you for the kind words!!! :) I have nothing but good things to say about KSVN900, he was great to do business with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts