Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the look of the stock bike and wanted to keep it stock, but then I rode with 3 other VROC guys and I started researching seats and discussing everything with my wife. What started as simple research for a seat, ended with me dropping more money than expected by purchasing a mustang seat, saddlebags, saddlebag brackets, highway bars, a windshield, and the appropriate windshield brackets. Needless to say, the bike is no longer going to be stock and my wife will not let me mention that I would like anything else for the bike for a while (which will be a backrest and luggage rack when she starts riding 2-up with me).

What an addictive hobby.

-KRay

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
So you decided to go ahead and cover up that bike's beautiful back end with saddlebags. I'm having a tough time committing to that. I need the storage space, but I sure like the way the bike looks without them covering up that good look. I guess that's why I keep thinking about those "throw overs", but I sure like the looks of those hard bags. Well, I'm riding with a couple of other guys this weekend, so I may jump onboard with ya after that. Will we see pictures when you get her all dolled up?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it will take a couple of weeks to come in, but once I install it all I will post pics.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Never regret making it the way YOU want it!!! I just put down a tidy sum of cash for a Russell Day Long touring saddle. :D Only time will tell if it was worth it, but you know, I've just about got it the way I want it (as they say). It was all worth every penny. I'll be posting pics soon.:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hope to keep my se as close to stock as possible. plan on ourchasing a windshield and bags, but will only use them for long rides around town I don't want to hide those beautiful handlebars or clean lines/\
\

·
Registered
782 Posts
My wife always picks on me about this. She tells our friends that it is not the cost of the bike... the Jeep... etc., that bothers her. She can plan ahead and fit that into the budget. It is the cost of all the accessories that really kills you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm a pruist. Other than the saddle bags, supports, back rest, mustang seat, wind screen, crash bars, de-baffled exhaust, and risers... mine is stock too... :D
Well, hang in there. Eventually you'll see something you'll want to add or change. It's what gives the ride individuality and soul!!!:cool:

·
Registered
941 Posts
By the sounds of it Kray you were smart. You bought the classic and turned it into a LT, and got a better seat out of the deal.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the sounds of it Kray you were smart. You bought the classic and turned it into a LT, and got a better seat out of the deal.
Yeah. Now, I can't wait to get the stuff in the mail. I am going to debaffle my exhaust this week as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with the Willie and Max Fleetside Studded Saddlebags (Part number WM-SB727 on CruiserCustomizing.com).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts