Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming time for an oil change. First one was done at the dealer. Was curious what weight oil and if synthetic was necessary as far as better performance. Please, no oil wars here, just good sound advice!!
Thanks, Sean.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went to Advance auto parts and got some Valvoline 10W-40. Its like 4 bucks a quart. Runs just fine. I have been doing this since i had my last VN750. No problems whatsoever. Actually smoother than the Kaw oil you buy from the dealer. Although personally i think Castrol makes the finest oil. Experience speaks from trying different oils on my SUV.

One of these days i am going to order like a case of Castrol 4-stroke 10W-40 online as its hard to find here at stores.

But thats just my humble personal opinion. Valvoline from any auto store works fine as well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's coming time for an oil change. First one was done at the dealer. Was curious what weight oil and if synthetic was necessary as far as better performance. Please, no oil wars here, just good sound advice!!
Thanks, Sean.
My bike runs fine on Rotella-T 10W-40. It costs about $12:00 a gallon at the Evil Empire (Wal-Mart). Yes, it meets factory requirements per the owners manual.:cool:

·
Registered
742 Posts
you're fine staying within the parameters for your climate... with that being said, AMSOIL gets alot of praise for being an awesome synthetic oil. i know harley riders that love it because the oil actually keeps their air cooled engines super cool! my next change will be with 10W-40 AMSOIL... can't go wrong!

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rotella 15W-40 dino, bosch 3300 filter for my last two oils changes. Changed oil at 3000 miles. All seems fine! No shim on the bosch 3300 with the Classic. Only gripe I have is getting the darn filters off. I need to invest in a better filter wrench.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mobile 1 4T 10w-40 w/ Kawasaki filter. Within weight specs and meets the standards suggested in the owners manual.

Honestly, you'll be fine with whatever brand oil you go with as long as it falls within the weight requirements in the owner's manual and meets all of the SPEC listings as well...and you change your oil on regular intervals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts