Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had some transmission whine when downshifting, however, last night I had my wife on board, and when I downshifted into 2nd or 1st, it was very loud (scary loud) almost like a squeal. Ran fine, just awful when downshifting in lower gears. Today, single up, it did not do that. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you tell an approximate location of the noise?
not really. mid frame somwhere?

I dont think it's a belt issue. I have it a bit looser than spec because of a different whine, and the (perceived) chirping. I have an .090 shim in place. Although....NOW.... I am not sure I ever had a belt issue in the first place.
I believe my annoying noises are all motor related.

I dont really buy the injector theory Ive heard so much about. Loud enough to hear over my pipes? I dont ride with anyone but If I did I believe they would hear it too whether they were beside me or behind me or wherever. Embarrassing

I believe it's tranny, other gears etc. I do hate it, and it GREATLY lessons the enjoyment of the bike for me. But this screaming high pitched whine on downshifting two up really takes the cake.

This will be my last Kawasaki product if I can ever sell it. The power is great and all that, but at what price??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts