Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2009 1700 Nomad last summer and it came with an after market light bar and driving lights that was not installed. I plan on installing it this weekend. Here's the question: Has anyone installed an aftermarket bar and used the stock turn signals? If so, how did you adapt them from horizontal mounting on the current light bar to downward mounting that all of these after market bars seem to use? If not, what did you use for the turn signals?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
I have not done it on a Kawasaki but several years back when I had a Honda Shadow Saber the light bar I installed came with the adapters needed to attach the turn signals. Does the instructions say anything about attaching the turn signals? If it has no instructions or parts list you can probably get it online you may have to order the parts needed from the light bar manufacture if you do not have them. Also check to see if it is the correct light bar for that motorcycle.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do you have the Kawasaki light bar? (it's the one that comes with it's own turn signals and mounted light switch). If so I don't think there is an easy way to replace them with your stock signals, unfortunately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the Kawasaki light bar? (it's the one that comes with it's own turn signals and mounted light switch). If so I don't think there is an easy way to replace them with your stock signals, unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply. It's not the Kawie light bar and see there is no way to mount the original signals. In fact, they are so cheaply made I decided to not even try and I simply added a set of LED signals and everything is working fine. I did not add a handlebar switch so the driving lights are on all the time, so I may add a switch so the driving lights can be manually turned off.

Mike

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I put the Cobra bar on mine and used the stock turn signals. they mounted outwards. I hooked the lights right to the high beams. The bar came with a switch on the side but I wanted them to turn off when the bike does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts